M1A2 Tank Range

Apocalypse 31

Just a quick observation...

I'm finding that HEAT rounds are wildly inaccurate. I'm shooting at least 300m over my target.

I have a good lase

I have my round data set for M830

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? Am I suppose to be doing MRS updates?

I think the M1A2 uses M830A1 MPAT type rounds which uses Ammo Setting 4, not 2.

• Moderators

Go here to fix the problem:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=19654

...basically, yes, MPAT is loaded on the M1A2 by default, so you are probably pressing the HEAT ammo type out of habit, from the M1A1. Next, the accuracy rating issue is from subprojectiles of the MPAT causing many more hits per round than just one. All of this was fixed by changing the MPAT rounds to HEAT.

the accuracy rating issue is from subprojectiles of the MPAT causing many more hits per round than just one. All of this was fixed by changing the MPAT rounds to HEAT.

Why in the world would I want to "fix" this and keep myself from getting a 244 out of 100 on the tank range? :)

(Also, doesn't the friendly AI gunner accuracy come from you're own tank range score?)

• Moderators
Why in the world would I want to "fix" this and keep myself from getting a 244 out of 100 on the tank range? :)

(Also, doesn't the friendly AI gunner accuracy come from you're own tank range score?)

Well, I guess it depends on what kind of person you are. If you want your gunnery score to be a reflection of your ability then you might want it fixed. However, if you don't give a crap about that and just want to max it at 100% then don't fix it. It is up to you, doesn't matter to me either way. ;)

To answer your question though, yes AI gunner accuracy is supposed to come from that rating if you are playing offline. If you are playing online then it comes from the HOST's value IIRC.

It's true the target acquisition on the M1A2 is incredible, mainly due to that superb sight, and the extra mag.

Can't find many scenarios for the M1A2 though. Anyone know where there are any (aside from the single M1A2 versus Leo scenario in the download section here)?

I've been going back through my downloaded scenarios and changing them to feature the M1A2. :gun:

• Moderators
Me too. Just, in fact, discovered how easy it is to do that. Fantastic editor.

But what about manuals, or tutorials for the M1A2? Can't find either anywhere.

Working on an SBwiki page currently, but unfortunately stuff keeps getting in the way. Hopefully I will have it available within a week or so. Promises promises.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote Volcano If you want your gunnery score to be a reflection of your ability

This makes me wonder how the gunnery is graded I recently scored a 91 with 10 for 10 hits at 9.6 seconds average time for kill. How much faster would one have to be to get a perfect score and has anyone ever acheived it?( apart from the multi projectile scores ofcourse)

Quote Volcanoe:x If you want your gunnery score to be a reflection of your ability

This makes me wonder how the gunnery is graded I recently scored a 91 with 10 for 10 hits at 9.6 seconds average time for kill. How much faster would one have to be to get a perfect score and has anyone ever acheived it?( apart from the multi projectile scores ofcourse)

Yes! 10 for 10 hits at 5.2 second average time for kill. 100% score

I have played the game for like 10 hours and got 100% score with M1A2. I think the main reason why it's much easier to score 100% with M1A2 than with Leopard 2E for example is the ammo. The commander always tells you to engage PCs with something else than APFSDS and the M1A2 has subcaliber MPAT round with flat trajectory and short flight to target time which makes hitting much, much easier than in tanks with HESH or regular HEAT rounds. When trying the Leopard 2E tank range mission the commander keeps ordering to fire a round with really low muzzle velocity at diagonally moving PCs 2km+ away. It's quite literally impossible hit those PCs because by the time the round reaches then they might be 100m closer or further away from you and the round goes either over or short.

Real men grade themselves for gunnery ratings in the T72.

As for the masochists amongst us.....the Warrior for them :)

You can cheat with the T-72, always fire APFSDS even if the commander orders to use HEAT, much easier to hit targets.