Loading cannon rounds..

Bakimaster91

Hi guys,

I`ve been playing 3.002 and wondered if there is a possibility to load rounds manually while being a gunner or choose them manually... It`s pretty annoying f.e on the tank range while gunning Challenger 2 when TC gives You HESH round while targeting tank and FIN round while targeting APC... :shocked:

It`s doable of course to hit and destroy but when precious seconds matter it gets complicated, especially on the tank range....

I think there should be additional commands for the loader and the player should always decide when and what round to load before engaging... What do You think about it?

Cheers. :)

That's what I "love" about tank range ;-)

Btw: Esp. when you are on a two-way-range, you don't switch you ammo 'cos you've loaded a KE round and the APC pops up as a target...you fire whats in the breach at the moment.

Only if the bugger is still moving afterwards you switch to the "proper round" ;-)

It is always faster to shoot with whatever you have loaded then to wait for loader to change ammo ( i think it is hard coded on 6 seconds).

On top of this i think some of vehicles cant change ammo even by direct order from TC, so you have to fire what you have loaded. But i didn't experimented a lot with this so I'm not sure.

NB : In the tank range, each hit is a kill so HEAT or Sabot is no excuse to miss your target :).

Sure, but with the CR2 firing HESH, hitting anything that's moving diagonally to you at anything other than short range is extremely difficult (well, it is for me :() due the high trajectory and time of flight.

For the tank range, I think if you press the hold fire key "H" the command will go "inactive" and will not change ammo type.

(I have mixed experience with this.)

True, but IIRC you are then on your own when it comes to spotting the next target. The TC goes off for a nap.

I think there should be additional commands for the loader and the player should always decide when and what round to load before engaging... What do You think about it?

Cheers. :)

Welcome.

Just my opinion but if you are the gunner you are the gunner.

If you want to choose what ammunition to fire, be the commander.

The Gunner engages targets designated by the Commander with the Loader loading ammunition nature specified by the Commander.

Using the CR2 example if the Commander gives you "FIN, tank ON!" then you fire FIN because that is what the Loader has put into the breach.

It wont work if the Commander gives you "FIN, tank ON!" and you lean across and tell the Loader "I know he said FIN but can you put HESH up the spout instead?".

Commanders - command.

The Gunner, Loader and Driver - do.