Saving OOBs

Big Nose Zero-Three

Apologies if this is dumbest question ever, but I am pretty sure that in the past, it was possible to transfer an OOB from one scenario to the other.

EG: You have a force in one scenario, and you can transfer it to another... somehow.

I may have imagined this, expcet I found a file which I had constructed for just that purpose, but in SB3, I cannot find how to do it.

Do I need to keep up on my meds, or am I basically sane? :eek2:

Ssnake, - if there is a better way, please let me know.

I am trying to formulate some system for having differing OOBs fight each other without having to re-build the scenario each time. Essentially I need to have 8-9 OOBs which I can swap between scenarios.

Mr Hedgehog by another name. :)

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=244614&postcount=46

Here's one

• 2 weeks later...
Save as...and then just pic another map...you'll have the same units on it

Here's the problem, though - if you selected only a region of a map, and you pick a new map that is larger than the original mission region you have in your current scenario, the map you get is the same size as the old one, only it defaults to the lower right-hand corner of the new map. I tried this with a region of the Salisbury Plain map, then tried to transfer to the ScaniaSE map, and this is exactly what happened. I think the only way this method will work is if you select a new map the exact same size or smaller than the original.

Curt

Ssnake, - if there is a better way, please let me know.

I am trying to formulate some system for having differing OOBs fight each other without having to re-build the scenario each time. Essentially I need to have 8-9 OOBs which I can swap between scenarios.

Another workaround - build a small "mission" on a tiny chunk of terrain and build all of your base OOB's and save it, then use the "pick" method to select your actual terrain, then delete the units you don't want. Another workaround, but a time-saver if you are building an operation or a large series of missions with varying OOB's.