First Clash

12Alfa

What time will be best for you to attend 1st Clash?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What time will be best for you to attend 1st Clash?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the future I would like to have a set time for NATO to go over the plan on.

(FRIDAY TGIF-2 Hours) will be the time. Since 10 min planning will be the rule, and no save plan feature, it is imperative that as many NATO show as possible. Come game time you should know your role and be able to replicate the map graphics of your role that You received in the NATO briefing at TGIF-2 Hours.

Ack. I'll do my best to be there for the orders group tomorrow.

This Saterday same time, same server. I haven't got Warsaw starting grids, if none by tonight we will scratch this weekend and try for next. Nato needs time to plan, wed was the deadline for grids for next planing for me.

Because of delay's beyond My control, NATO will not be able to participate this weekend.

1. Wed - is info from WP needed by C/D day.

2. Thursday - is Info needed by NATO, From C/D, so I can choose force structure for R/R, C/P, and for NATO plan to be formulated for R/R, C/P.

3. Friday - is NATO briefing the troops day.

4. Sat - Last min brief, then 10 min planning then go time.

WP has it's schedule, and I have mine. I look forward to next week.

Rgr that, event postponed till next weekend 22 nov.

Warsaw had their instructions, how ever a change of leadership may have caused this delay.

Anywho, it's np, we can have the weekend off and hopefully by this wensday both sides will be good to go.

Life sometimes get in the way of SB:mad3:, we will recover, and live to fight another day.:luxhello:

Tonight is still a co-ord for myself and both CO's.:c:

Duke, can you close the loop on the server, thanks, I will contact you about next weekend:wink2:.

At the last co-ord meeting both sides and my self agreed on the following details. After the last mission, some small issues were seen, theses will we hope make for a smoother play.

There will only be 3 sides, gone is the multi-parties. Due to no multi-party there will be no map update, it’s 1988 and all we had was a map and marker for both sides. We will play the next mission (2), and then take a look at the issues.I want this to work, but may have to go with updates if it does not work out, stay tuned.

-“calling the mission” at 90 out of 120 min as a minimum.

-Mines are to be loaded (indicated by c/s) to me for use in the combat phase from the dump to the area to be deployed in the supply phase.

-Obstacles are to be placed only if a Eng is in the grid in the recon phase.

-Civies(movers) will be restricted to 45 mins in the 120 mission, this will be random. Some had issues with lag, this was acceptable to both sides.

- If we pause to pick up players we will text all sides to confirm that a pause will happen. Once both sides are ready we pause,

this was ok with both sides.

-When we start there will be a 15 min planing time, then we launch.Both sides will plan and get there plans out to their team, late shows will have 15 min, or briefed before start.

-The DK Leo1 will replace the AS1, just because we have 4CMBG skins for it, TI disabled as usual.

Comments to me via PM please.:luxhello:

Both side have started the planing phase and have sent basic trace boundaries to me.I would assume that there will practice sessions this week.

Edited by 12Alfa

I will be on TS Wed, Thurs, Friday from 7-11E time each night. I will be going over the NATO plan with any members that show up. This will give people more chances to work it in their schedule, and avoid the trouble of having to get everyone together at once. If you see Me in TS just stop in and get your briefing.

I will be on TS Wed, Thurs, Friday from 7-11E time each night. I will be going over the NATO plan with any members that show up. This will give people more chances to work it in their schedule, and avoid the trouble of having to get everyone together at once. If you see Me in TS just stop in and get your briefing.

G'day Brun, just to confirm your timezone, mil. time zone Echo (UTC+5)?

and from 1900-2300, also thanks for making yourself available.

New information that will greatly change My plan has been brought to My attention by the Campaign Coordinator. Back to the drawing board so no briefings tonight. Drop in Briefings for NATO will continue Thurs-Friday as I stated in my previous post.

All systems are good to go for Saturday's FC 2nd missions.:luxhello::luxhello:

Same place, same time (launch at 15:00 my time Atlantic).:clin:

Duke can you have the server ready? I'm away with the army till 13:00, but will be on shortly after that on TS, if the planets align:c:.

Thanks all to all who attended 1St Clash mission 2. Most said they enjoyed the mission. Mission played well with no map updates, however remaining missions will have them for their side turned on for the combat phase, Both Co's agreed that this is a good balance to the 1980’s time frame and the sim.

Standby for the next mission time and date, we may have to push back due to a holiday in the US of ehh.

The Battle continues….

The afternoon started with D Sqn 8CH moving into their assigned AO’s to observe and report to the CO the enemy’s composition and direction. A patrol of two Lynx AFV’s just north of route L77, across the river were hidden in a small wooded area and were the first to report movement to the east in the direction of Bischweier.

While the recce units were reporting the guns of 2RCHA were destroying the bridges in the AO, giving the enemy few crossings into 4CMBG AO. As the Soviets moved their BRDM2’s around and through Bischweier, BTR 80’s moved to dislodge some troops to recce west into 4CMBG’s defensive positions.

The first casualty was a lay-back patrol just west of Bischweier, who tried to engage a T-73 with a Milan, but the commander of the 125mm armed tank (dejawolf) took out the threat within minutes, gone was the advance warning of the enemy’s movement for the 4CMBG CO.

The recce Sqn was now seeing advance recce units moving at high speed to the west, and as contact reports filled the air the enemy caught a Lynx just south of Rauental and the call sign 41was immobilized first in a gun duel before the team partner responded with a burst from the AFV’S 50 CAL took down the BRDM2.

T-72 moving north of the river engaged more D Sqn Lynx’s, and both crews and vehicles were lost, the Soviets were past the north east 462 highway and making good time in their push towards the autobahn.

As the civilian’s trying to escape the war were also moving to the west on the same road network as both combatants they too took fire and did not continue when hit, most were killed in their cars not knowing that a large tank round would end their life in a flash.

A TOW section manned by the Germans fired through a gap in the wood line on the east side of the river outside Favorite to the north. They continued to fire ATGM’s till rung dry, and were resupplied by the CO by

redirecting his hidden echelons to the correct grid under cover from the enemy.

The Soviets continued to push west, the recce Sqn pulled back and re-engaged taking more AFV’s out, soon the battlefield was quiet.

Looking to the west one could see the price the Soviets and the civilians had paid as 4CMBG tried to hold ground. In the end the Recce Sqn and the TOW section has indeed stopped the move in this AO, but for how long. A tank troop in reserve was not called upon to brunt any enemy movement past the autobahn. A lone Soviet lay back section in Rasttat was now cut off, but reported the 4CMBG was still active in the area.

Sigs intel reporting that a few Soviet commanders were now missing from their posts, it’s unclear if they were killed in battle, or due to their performance recalled to Moscow. Both sides are now resupplying their troops with ammo and fuel for the next encounter that will be as violent or more so for both sides.

56e83cf97f405_FirstClashmission-2sce_112

First Clash mission-2sce_11231312ALFA1520.rar

Rumours also of mass defections and desertions of Soviet troops- particularly non-Russian personnel - as predicted by NATO. So Red may be scratching for manpower in the next session.

It was known on the outset that Wasaw was a weak unit:wink2:.One wonders why some were placed in the battle roster:c:.