First Clash

12Alfa

What time will be best for you to attend 1st Clash?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What time will be best for you to attend 1st Clash?

Well, some members of Red, including Dark Angel, Tank Hunter and myself have done everything we can to explain the rationale behind the decision. Obviously, either we have done a bad job of explanation or the other side has (willfully?) failed to understand. Both parties are happy with their respective positions so perhaps it is now time - as Marko says - to move on.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I almost forgot to tank our German server staff, THANK YOU.

And your help when that big bad soviet bear crashed through your eastern door, and caught the yanks watching NASCAR, then tried to chase them right into a group of crazy Canadians drinking maple syrup straight from a bottle, while watching Hockey night In Canada, you skills were seen from both sides.

And so was your attention to detail and your Campaign making skills

We get it. Things didn't go your way and your not happy. Your posts have degenerated into undisguised personal attacks and that bullshit needs to stop. "Yeah you could have done better as a Campaign coordinator. " That hardly qualifies as constructive criticism and was helpful to no one.

For better or worse, 12 alpha did the best he could to create campaign concept based on his interpretation of First Clash. Not an easy task working within the confines of SB. He has been nothing but gracious and civil in accepting criticism of events and is trying to get feedback to do a better job next time.

Not one person had the grace to say "Hey thanks 12 A." No. Most people were so wrapped up in their pride or ego or whatever it was, and the unfairness of this or that rule or event that they couldn't even say Thanks in a public forum where present and future players can read it and make decisions about whether they will buy SB or get involved in the next campaign or Top Tank Tournament that happens. Just people actually saying like how f'ed up the campaign was. "F'ed up." That's as eloquent as we can get now?

People may say " F U Mog. You didn't participate." Your right. I chose to sit this one out. That however doesn't mean that I cant state how astounded and embarrassed I am to see this crap and think about who else may be reading this.

: (

Mog

@Mogwa,

"Not one person had the grace to say "Hey thanks 12 A." No. Most people were so wrapped up in their pride or ego or whatever it was, and the unfairness of this or that rule or event that they couldn't even say Thanks in a public forum"

Erm.....

Originally Posted by Tjay

"Normally I would be happy to serve under you at any time. But not in this campaign I'm afraid.

It's a shame it has come to this, but please accept my genuine good wishes in your endeavours."

"Once again, I thank you for going to the considerable effort of putting together this campaign."

Originally Posted by Marko

"I also wish all who are still participating good luck with the campaign."

Mick. :luxhello:

Not one person had the grace to say "Hey thanks 12 A." No.

Well actually more than a few “well done” PMs have gone his way but it didn’t seem right to make them public (hence the PM facility) but just in case …

Thanks 12Alfa for putting in the effort to run this. Yes, a “Work in Progress“ (as you mentioned a few times), Yes some didn’t like it, but you gave it a go.

Glad you put your head above the parapet and gave it a shot.

Next time it will be better as you can draw on this experience. :)

To you, all my colleagues on NATO and all my virtual opponents on WP all the very best for the coming festive season and I hope you can enjoy it in which ever way your religion / culture deems :) appropriate.

Sorry UK Armour / SVU but I’m about to sit down and watch the Perth test match. :)

@3instein

You are correct, sir, I forgot about reading those.

I think my larger point remains valid, that even if we are discussing a touchy subject, we can do it without saying things like how "F'ed up this campaign was" or how something was "ridiculous bull****".

That said, my apologies to Tjay, Marko and anyone else I missed.

Mog

12A.

Thank you for taking the time to make this campaign.

I can only imagine the time it takes to something like this set up with a

Simulation as complex as Steel Beasts.

Maps, Skins, Scenarios, Rules, etc.

I would play the second iteration of this campaign (If there ever is one & and probably SVU would play too*) but unfortunately there is a condition attached to this statement.

The condition:

The rules design Force ratios, TO&Es, scenario design methods etc. (pretty much core game mechanics) are signed off by a peer review by someone like V-man, or others with experience in campaign making, and suggested changes made, before general issue to the players.

(After all major games retailer's perform peer reviews to prevent "Less than ideal" products from being released, doesn't always work mind you, but they do catch 98% of the issues.)

Once again:

(See the Feedback sandwich? :) )

*unsanctioned statement, my opinion only.

Sorry UK Armour / SVU but I’m about to sit down and watch the Perth test match. :)

Fine.

Take the ashes, we didn't want them.

We need the shelf space for our rugger battle plans.

:biggrin:

Sweeping statement:

All Cricket Games should be played in the Antarctic!

That way all players are on an equal (or unequal) footing!

I would play the second iteration of this campaign (If there ever is one & and probably SVU would play too*) but unfortunately there is a condition attached to this statement.

The condition:

The rules design Force ratios, TO&Es, scenario design methods etc. (pretty much core game mechanics) are signed off by a peer review by someone like V-man, or others with experience in campaign making, and suggested changes made, before general issue to the players.

(After all major games retailer's perform peer reviews to prevent "Less than ideal" products from being released, doesn't always work mind you, but they do catch 98% of the issues.)

Once again:

Um are you going to put Marko's activity through the same process?

@3instein

You are correct, sir, I forgot about reading those.

I think my larger point remains valid, that even if we are discussing a touchy subject, we can do it without saying things like how "F'ed up this campaign was" or how something was "ridiculous bull****".

That said, my apologies to Tjay, Marko and anyone else I missed.

Mog

NP. :)

12A.

I can only imagine the time it takes to something like this set up with a

Simulation as complex as Steel Beasts.

Maps, Skins, Scenarios, Rules, etc.

The condition:

Once again:

Thanks for the input.

Peer review...

Yes, this is a option, and after seeing that the core game mechanics were posted in what I thought (and from the poll results so far) plenty of time , people will not read or understand them.

I'm thinking that making this a CO responsibility to ensure his troops are good to go (I though again this would be done) on all aspects of said core game mechanics.

We have (v and other Senior members) looked over what went wrong,core game mechanics is a minor item.

I'll hold off till all the poll results are in and I have run them through the program I use for a detail result, for a final summery on what I ,or the data see's, there I will end all comment on the subject.

Thanks for you post.