M1A2 CITV and HD4400

BlackDeath

Hey guys,

I just tried out the new M1A2SEP, its amazingly to easy to shoot target at the range ;)

In the TC position, only the CITV is desesperetly laggy (when zoomed in) while all the others stuffs work well! Why is so? General view of the TC position works well, too (F1)

Does the CITV need additional ressources compared with the GPS for instance?

Here is my spec :

IntelĀ® CoreTM i7-4500U 1,8 GHz

Windows 8

4 Go 1600 MT/s DDR3L-SDRAM

Intel HD4400

Thanks!

• Members

You mean when you override the gunner? That's the difference beweeen GPS GLOS and CITV GLOS I guess... in the GPS GLOS the gun and the CITV follows the GPSE, in CITV GLOS the gun and the GPS follow the CITV..

So if you are overriding while in GPS GLOS but looking at the CITV you're actually steering the gun using the GPS and the CITV tries to follow, creating a slightly 'laggy' effect. Conversely, if you're in CITV GLOS but look through the GPSE while overriding, the GPS would try to follow the CITV and would also be laggy.

So what you should do: switch to CITV GLOS when you want to use the CITV when overriding, or GPS GLOS when you want to use the GPSE, and things should work better.

If I could just chime in here with a quick question...

Is there any way to decouple CITV movement from the turret/main gun, like the commander's periscope on the Leo 2A4? Put another way, can the CITV scan for targets independently of the gunner, and then automatically lay the gunner onto detected targets?

• Moderators
If I could just chime in here with a quick question...

Is there any way to decouple CITV movement from the turret/main gun, like the commander's periscope on the Leo 2A4? Put another way, can the CITV scan for targets independently of the gunner, and then automatically lay the gunner onto detected targets?

Yes, press scan button until it says "MAN" or "AUTO". MAN is manual, and you can scan independently if you hold P while moving the controls.

Just a note: When CITV is in CITV or GPS GLOS mode, it uses range information from eye safe laser rangefinder, which operates through GPS day channel sight. Therefore, day ballistic door must be open during operation of CITV. Since CITV uses same range information that day channel does, CITV must be boresighted to main gun point of aim every time day reticle is boresighted. So yes you should be able to use the CITV screen

Is it a low frame rate? (IOW, what are your frame rates in these two scenes, looking at the same spot?)

Alt+F12 turns on the frame rate display.

Sorry for the late answer, i've been away from any internet connexion

Here is the frame rate :

only M1A2SEP on the map, on the default empty map, lowest setting on the TC seat

exterior view : about 30 FPS

inside view (F1) : 20 fps

gunner extension (F2) : 40fps

citv (F3) : 4 fps

block view (F4) : 20 fps

OK, so it' a frame rate issue. Can you tell us more about the graphics card model, the amount of video RAM, and the Alt+G and Alt+D settings?

here is my specs

IntelĀ® CoreTM i7-4500U 1,8 GHz

Windows 8

4 Go 1600 MT/s DDR3L-SDRAM

Intel HD4400

alt G + alt D are all set to 0

it's weird because it's only the CITV that doesnt reach the 4 FPS...

Edited by BlackDeath

• Members

Okay. Well, I don't know if we're using a specific function in the CITV that is particularly difficult for the Intel graphics, but I can't promise that we can do something about it any time soon. I don't know if upgrading your PC with a graphics card is an option, but even medium quality cards from NVidia or ATi are substantially more powerful than the Intel HD chipset.

Not that Intel graphics haven't made substantial progress in the past five years. They used to be utterly unsuitable, now they at least offer somewhat acceptable performance if all graphics options are switched off. Still, dedicated graphics cards still are in a different league.