Cold War skins version 3.00 by dpabrams

dpabrams

I never released a 2.XXX M60A3 but the work had begun. Now with a new an improved model I am wrapping up my first 3.00 skins in MERDC. The skin got an extensive redo, with welds, grates, grills, wheels, glass and so on. Some small texture imperfections have been corrected also.

Image4_zps565aa4ef.jpg

Image1_zps545f038b.jpg

Image5_zps43414d86.jpg

Image6_zps65c5407e.jpg

Also coming soon is the IPM1 in CARC.

Image3_zps39b91975.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Within the constrants of the model it is possible to mimic the thermal barrel sleeve. This is a major feature that seperates the A1 and A3. I'll be the first to say that a playable M60A3 is wanted. I believe someday we will have one. Hopefully by then just a few more details can be added to the model. Namely the sleeve, tow hitch, handles, drivers hatch, rear lift ring and a few other things.

Image34_zps5d7b27f7.jpg

Well, it's not the first time I have fiddled to get results. I started dinking with the "normal" and "specular" files today. I hope there is shortcut or plug-in for the "normal" maps. I am waiting for an answer on that. Until then, I drive on and seem to have better results getting the thermal sleeve to look better.

I also worked on the IPM1 "normal" file to remove those pesky .50 cal brass from the turret top and a few other odds and ends that needed removed.

Image11_zps9d2c5c66.jpg

Image10_zpsbc6c01bf.jpg

Well, it's not the first time I have fiddled to get results. I started dinking with the "normal" and "specular" files today. I hope there is shortcut or plug-in for the "normal" maps. I am waiting for an answer on that. Until then, I drive on and seem to have better results getting the thermal sleeve to look better.

Very nice work as always dpabrams. I look forward to downloading your new skins for 3.002.

Utter disaster today. My master was corrupted during a power outage. I lost about 4 hours work and was pretty close to doing a release. As it stands now I have rebuilt what I remember from memory, which is a lot of new texture. To include the normal and specular maps. As for the regular texture I finally nailed the new road wheels and I am very happy with them. I will likely release the autumn and woodland variant in the next day or two. I have to write all new instructions as placing the specular and normal maps require going into the game directory.

Image25_zps3db5fc78.png

Image21_zps87c52d72.png

Image22_zpsfa70d3c0.png

Image23_zpsb17a3f67.png

Image24_zpsaa0ef18b.png

OK, I have tested and completed three skins, all MERDC. There will be autumn, woodland and desert. Who really plays in winter? I did new tracks by backwards engineering the dds files in Photoshop. I HATE Photoshop but it was necessary for the alphas and what a pain in the ass. So this is a major redo. Nearly all the original 2D file has been gone over. Small corrections to mapping were made and lots of details added. The road wheels were rebuilt along with the engine deck and barrel. Also the specular and normal maps were built to go with the new skins. I am packaging the files and will start writing the installation instructions. Installation is more complex with the addition of the additional maps. This will take a bit.:wink2:

M60A3promo_zpsae42eeea.jpg

OK, I have tested and completed three skins, all MERDC. There will be autumn, woodland and desert. Who really plays in winter? I did new tracks by backwards engineering the dds files in Photoshop. I HATE Photoshop but it was necessary for the alphas and what a pain in the ass. So this is a major redo. Nearly all the original 2D file has been gone over. Small corrections to mapping were made and lots of details added. The road wheels were rebuilt along with the engine deck and barrel. Also the specular and normal maps were built to go with the new skins. I am packaging the files and will start writing the installation instructions. Installation is more complex with the addition of the additional maps. This will take a bit.:wink2:

M60A3promo_zpsae42eeea.jpg

Brilliant! What's next? :biggrin:

So far these 2.654 skins of mine work in 3.0 perfectly:

M1A1(HA)

M1

M901

M113 A1 & A3

M996 and M1025

Bradley

T72B early

T72M and M1

BMP1/2

I have not checked them all yet. I know for sure the T80 and T62 skins I did in 2.654 won't work.

You can update the title and description for those uploaded files.

First, a special thanks to the many talented folks at eSIM. The IPM1 is my all time favorite tank. The IPM1 is my all time favorite tank. I asked for it and eSIM came through. There were only 894 IPM1’s built.

I love this tank for its looks and improvements. The added armor, new paint scheme, modifications to the skirts and drive sprockets and turret extension. The IPM1 retained the M68 105mm which was an awesome weapon with the addition of DU penetrators. I always felt the 120mm M256 cannon was “cheating”.

This version of the IPM1 hails from the 11th ACR circa 1986. Two, 3-color CARC schemes are included and a desert tan version.. Most of the texture of the original skin has been detailed, modified or redrawn. Nearly all the original hardware has been detailed and replaced such as hinges, nuts, bolts, grates, handles and caps. The wheels have been rebuilt to include all new nuts and hubs. A barrel reference system has been built, cable crew step added and a new gun mantlet built. The engine deck has been rebuilt, mostly from scratch to reflect that of an actual IPM1. Fenders have been corrected and small texture defects fixed. The welds were redone for the entire skin and new cable covers built for the turret. All stowage items have been redone and are included as well as T158 tracks. Stowage items are in woodland camo and desert camo for the appropriate theme.

IPM1ver3002_zps9b1b0775.jpg

Enjoy!