Veh. refuse to follow path

Joe

Another strange thing (not yet acknowledged or bug???) It seems to appear using the Ulan.

Situation: MP: 2 players commanding a Ulan plt. I was in command of 4/ and 3/. Gave them a path to the 1st battle position. There I split to single veh. the plt leader gave me veh #3 (why is it still that way :() Ok. I dismounted inf from veh #4 sent them off and mounted them again. Moved the #3 in a position close to #4 and put the half plt together again. I gave them another path and NOTHING happened. They didn't move at all. The symbols showed the given speed, no damage on the vehicles, fuel at 99%. So I split the half plt again. Gave both different paths, #3 went off as expected, #4 stood still. I could move it from TC's or gunner's position, but it went only a short way. Pushing stop and let it roll again etc pp. No probem from driver's position. The plt leader experienced the same problem, unfortunately he got lost pretty soon so he couldn't reproduce it.

The guys I went along with told me it had happened before and they are quite sure it happens with the Ulan only (?). It's annoying when you're in contact with the enemy and you can't rely on the orders given to the "driver".

Don't think so, since the veh. later stood in a free area, no trees, obstacles or other things. The leading veh. of the half plt. simply did not move following a given path, but the "Kettenhunde" did under the same circumstances (terrain, navmesh or any other thing).

A similar thing happenned to me as well, on MP session, with a Pizarro platoon.

Operating with two sections, at some point I was forced to split one of the sections to gather intel on militia movements.

Things got hot and the PL's wingman was sent to neutralise a technical (troops dismounted for PL and his wingman).

Then I reattached the wingman to the PL and created a new route to carry on the mission.

At that point the section was not responding.

After some tests the PL's pizarro was not responding to any user created routes...

PL was not responding alone, in a section or with his entire platoon.

I gave the platoon to the host. He didn't manage to get it work.

I finished the mission driving manually the vehicle.

Never managed to reproduce the same situation again.

I can't remember if I had an already existing route for the PL before I reattached him to his wingman or if I reattached the two while loading the troops or anything...

Got another hint: maybe it is depending on the status of the inf-plt's: and yes it is reproducable even in SP Mission. Under certain circumstances the veh is waiting for the inf, that itself is not moving toward the veh (and vice versa) mostly if the groups are in different places and conditions. Not sure if it is only happening with plt-leaders or every vehicle. (not yet understood function or misbehaviour?)

Noticed it again and this time I took a special look at the inf. They all mounted again and the veh. did not start. To be sure to have all the guys aboard I pressed "Mount" again et viola: the veh started to move....

• 7 months later...