To T-72 lovers... why do you like it?

Companion

well, the T-72B unlike the T-72M1 currently in the game has the ability to fire ATGMs through its gun tube, but apart from that the FCS is relatively similar.

oh and the T-72Bs 2A46M main gun has longer barrel life and better dispersion characteristics.

I thought they were still having trouble integrating the TIS into the FCS for the T90S and T84?

The former is a late model T72B, rebranded to avoid the negative connotations of recent T72 performances by outclassed conventional arab states.

The latter is a late model T80UD, with IIRC a welded turret.

Earlier T72 and T80, including both types currently in SB shouldn't be fitted with TIS.

• 13 years later...

interesting to return to this topic - has the t-72 worn off on players or is it a fan favorite; i see in the shared videos at least the T-72 appears quite often

although i still play with it, ironically i prefer the primitive t-62/t-55

my favorite modern tank is the M1A1 heavy armor, outside of that, i spend most time in vehicles which have a lower chance of survival and where hitting targets comes with more drama of misses and near hits- centurion,  M11A1 family, HMMWV, the BTR-50, BTR-60/70, BMP-2, T-62/T-65 and the recoilless 'jeep' technical. jonesing for a PT-76 and M47/48 as well...

Wow, 13 years for a thread resuscitation that has to be a record?

The various models of T72 (T-72A is my goto) are still personal favorites of mine along with the rest of the Soviet/Russian crewable gear. I find it vary rare I create a scenario not built around a Soviet MRB now. However give a man a crewable T72 and soon he will want that all elusive T64!

• Members

From a game design perspective, you clearly want to create an option for players to roleplay an opponent - and possibly to gain a first-hand (if surrogate) insight into capabilities and limitations.

Also, there's players from Russia and other countries that have the T-72 in their inventories, we got to show them some love as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always loved the look of Soviet tanks (until theT-14). So much more aesthetically pleasing. From the T-54 to the T-72 especially. The armor tiles kinda break up the lines but the form remains the same. But looks don't kill. 120.. depleted Uranium kills. And it's killed lots of T-72.

Now I know, I know, the US Army hasn't fought a truly peer army yet and that then results will vary when/if they do.

But still.

On 10/4/2021 at 6:29 PM, Ssnake said:

From a game design perspective, you clearly want to create an option for players to roleplay an opponent - and possibly to gain a first-hand (if surrogate) insight into capabilities and limitations.

Also, there's players from Russia and other countries that have the T-72 in their inventories, we got to show them some love as well.

Thank you! We feel it!

Now make playable t-80 and t-90s please!😁😄😆