Graphical Glitches on GTK Boxer Medic

Nasder

I just noticed some errors with the GTK Boxer Medic, the texture and model are fine. It just appears that shadows or what to call it doesn't seem to work properly.

When zooming in on the front of it, I saw an image, looked like IFV viewed from behind with infantry looking out of the hatches. Moving around this grayed out 2d image moved around with my view, as if it was stuck to the boxer but based on where I had my view.

Later, when driving past it, I noticed it created some weird shadow effect too.

Images attached.

SB_Pro_PE_Boxer_Med_E01.jpg.371e383a55aa

SB_Pro_PE_Boxer_Med_E03.jpg.4383551b84a3

SB_Pro_PE_Boxer_Med_E01.jpg.371e383a55aa

SB_Pro_PE_Boxer_Med_E03.jpg.4383551b84a3

• Moderators

Actually, to be sure, check your WOODLAND texture mods folder and remove any Boxer modded textures. We found a problem due to that in the past (based on modded textures not being saved as the proper DXT format -- DXT3 or DXT5 instead of DXT1 for example). I suspect this is the cause here too (because I checked and don't see it like that on my end).

Actually, to be sure, check your WOODLAND texture mods folder and remove any Boxer modded textures. We found a problem due to that in the past (based on modded textures not being saved as the proper DXT format -- DXT3 or DXT5 instead of DXT1 for example). I suspect this is the cause here too (because I checked and don't see it like that on my end).

I have no mods for the boxer installed. No left over from previous version either (fresh SB install on new computer).

Strange, not seeing it here. Was this noticed in the AAR? Or were you in the Mission Editor test mode, and moving around with a floating camera?

Editor test mode, I was in F8 view of a CV9030DK. I was zoomed in (N key) looking at the boxer the times I noticed it though.

I'll see if I can recreate this using desert or winter textures too tomorrow.

Edited by Nasder
Some more info added.

• Moderators

Well, I think that is it -- it is a known issue that viewing an object by either the floating camera in AAR or Mission Editor test mode, or externally from another vehicle (wth N key zoom), may cause these shadow mapping artifacts. It is something we are just going to have to constantly improve upon.

That said, you should not see this problem on your own vehicle, that is, if you are in F8 of the Boxer itself.