Noob questions

aop

Just started to play the game tonight and after getting in touch with the gunnery in the gunnery range I decided to try some scenarios. I ran into little problem:

How do I reload the ready ammo from stowed rounds after all ready ammo is expended?

I intend to use this thread more when I run into more trouble.

In the 3d world left click the vehicle or platoon icon on the bottom right hand side (left of the tank "clock") and it will give you an option to load from semi-ready to ready racks.

There is also a pull down menu on the top of the screen (move the mouse to the top of the screen/window for it to appear) labeled "Vehicle" which will give you the same option.

Just started to play the game tonight and after getting in touch with the gunnery in the gunnery range I decided to try some scenarios. I ran into little problem:

How do I reload the ready ammo from stowed rounds after all ready ammo is expended?

I intend to use this thread more when I run into more trouble.

Welcome aboard aop. Familiarising yourself with the Keyboard Chart is time well spent but Shift + Page Down will reload all ammunition, including expended smoke grenades. Use Shift + Insert, Home, Delete, End to reload specific ammunition types (depends on what the vehicles carries). You can also click on the vehicle icon at the bottom right of the screen and use the dialogue box to achieve the same outcome. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Snap! Looks like TankHunter and I posted simultaneously. I think between us all bases are covered :D

Thanks, that helped a bit.

Couple a more problems:

1. My game crashes when I try to host a multiplayer session, however my brothers almost exactly the same computer works fine.

2. Host doesn't seem to be able to jump to new vehicle when he loses his, he gets stuck in Observer position and cant do anything for rest of the battle.

3. AI is really stupid, they keep bumping to each other and expending all ammo on targets they can't hit. After expending the ammo they don't bother to reload.

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't solved the networking issues I have been having but I have had some fun with the singleplayer.

Only significant issue I have with the SP is the commander AI. It makes playing as gunner sometimes real pain in the ass:

- Commander orders to use low velocity HEAT/HESH on PC moving diagonally to your position at full speed over 2km away. It's almost impossible to hit that kind of shot. If the commander ordered to use higher velocity APFSDS it would be easy to hit.

- In T-62 the HEAT rounds available are significantly better than any of the APFSDS rounds but yet the commander insist on using APFSDS against targets it can't defeat. Best example is when facing T-72M1 with the T-62. None of the APFSDS rounds can penetrate anything but the lower hull front but both of the HEAT rounds can penetrate the glacis and parts of the turret front.

So my question is:

Is it possible to overdrive AI commanders ammo selection? Like command the commander to change the ammo type? It's really annoying to hop to commander seat, order loading of different ammo type, jump back to gunner seat and then the retard AI orders to change the ammo back to the inferior type right away so you only get one shot before you have to jump back to the commanders seat.