Stabilized TC eye view mod possible?

wolfstriked

Something that gets to me when I play Steel Beasts is how erratic the eye view and the binocular view is.It seems as though it was added to increase immersion but I find it pulls me out of the game constantly.More importantly though is it makes it super hard to scan tree lines while moving and God forbid the tank hits elevation changes.So I resort to playing in observation mode and it feels great like this.I want to feel like I am effectively scanning areas in search of enemy armor and that is very important to me.Plus the TIM panel in Leopards goes crazy when you are looking at it while on an elevation.

Is this possible to mod in for people that want this.......or is it just me that wants this??:c:

Well stop the tank. :)

I'm afraid only the gunner gets a stab view.

The Commander gets bounced around and at 1x that's OK.

If you are always looking through 4x binos, its a recipe for motion sickness.

So from RL, may I suggest:

1. Drive around using the Mk1 1x eyeball (built in stab and wider field of view).

2. When you think you have found something of interest adopt a turret down view.

3. Crawl forward until you can better see it.

4. Stop.

5. Now use your binos to scan far, middle, close.

6. Nothing there? Proceed.

6a. Something there? React accordingly.

I just think it goes too far.When your moving along on level ground and the eye view and binos are bobbing up and down it adds immersion for me.The instant the binos swing wildly up or down I just feel its overdone.Maybe a tone down of the amount it sways with elevation changes?And as bonus this would fix the TIM moving to drastically so that you cant see what your viewing anymore.:icon_frown:

Something that gets to me when I play Steel Beasts is how erratic the eye view and the binocular view is.

It's to approximate the fact that as an unbuttoned crew member, you aren't stabilized and will be bouncing around, generally. While the actual effect is probably not synched to true vehicle suspension (which isn't modeled), it's deliberately designed to be difficult nonetheless, you shouldn't be able to see through binoculars as if moving frictionless through outer space. In that regard it does what it's supposed to do- not be easy for you. Less bumpy terrain as others have noted won't be as much of problem, of course.

Is this possible to mod in for people that want this.......or is it just me that wants this??:c:

I doubt it- 'mods' are permitted insofar as they refer to cosmetic or sound changes, not to other parts of the code.

I do get the point that its simulating that its not easy to see well when being thrown around unbuttoned,just still feel it could be toned down slightly.And as Charlie points out a higher resolution helps out and that puts me back to thinking that it could be tones down some.But as I said before,its probably just me and so I'll deal with my idiosyncrasies.:bigsmile:

I think it takes away if it were toned down- it would feel flat and without the momentum as it should. If it were smoother or more predictable in the pitching motion, then it really wouldn't be doing the job of making it difficult for an un-stabilized view.

It's not even as bad as it really should be, it only jerks in one axis- for instance, it doesn't jerk side to side, only up and down (as far as I remember); if you were concentrating so much peering through your binoculars, you may have missed something on the ground that would whip your neck flying backwards- or forwards, sending your face into the vehicle itself, suddenly your view would be the turret roof right in your face. If you were holding on to your binoculars with both hands, you wouldn't be braced or holding on to anything else to keep you steady, so it should be violent. It wouldn't be appropriate to give you better ability than an un-stabilized gun sight.

• Members

In an attempt to answer the original question of this thread: No, it's NOT possible to "mod" this - at least not by design. The sight bumping already is generously toned down. If you want stabilized binocular view, stop moving (or drive slowly, or on a road), or use a vehicle with a stabilized and independent sight for the vehicle commander.