3.002 Please ensure your CM stick is securely in a USB port

Iceman

It's been an absolute nightmare trying to get version 3.002 to run on my computer.

-I have an old codemeter stick version 1 (updated to version 1.18) which I received with the first version of SBPro PE I bought

-Last upgraded the program 6-7 months ago to 2.654. No problem with update, program worked!

-Bought the Upgraded license for 3.002 several days ago

-Received an email with the website link

-Deleted 2.654 and all associated files with it including the eSim folder in my documents

-Installed 3.002 and codemeter 5 software

-Went to website link: filled out everything...Last page text is below

Product ID Product Name Status

SBPE-30-UPGRADE SB Pro PE 3.0, add 1 license Activated

-Codemeter (in tray) shows 2 CmContainers connected

-The program has also produced these file:

C:\Users\my name\X-XXXXXXX (CmStick)

C:\Users\my name\xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx (ESIMGAMES)

-Click on SBPro PE CM Icon :

CodeMeter error: "Please ensure your CM stick is securely in a USB port"

I've tried multiple USB connections on my computer, but continue to receive the above message: "Please ensure your CM stick is securely in a USB port"

I have tried all 4 USB2 ports as well as a USB3 port, THEY ARE ALL WORKING

Since purchasing the program several years ago the CodeMeter stick has always been plugged in the same USB port...same computer...and the computer, on boot-up, has always been able to see the Codemeter.

I've re-installed the program several times, but no luck...I still get the same message about the CM Stick and the port each time I try to start the newly installed program.

I've read the installation and failed installation comments on the SB forum and have tried various work arounds, but no success

I'm assuming what I've done "above" is correct. I'm also assuming that if my computer see's the CM Stick and I can open the CodeMeter Control Center the meter is working.

I don't know where to turn to at this point and it's become rather frustrating.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Oliver

• Administrators

Has anything changed on your pc since 2.654 was working, and 3.002 was installed? Can you post a screenie of the webmin->content-> licenses screen?

Make sure that the codemeter server and the new exe both have permission to access the local network if you are using a firewall.

The last time I played was about three days before I ordered 3.0. Nothing has been added to the system in those three days. Sorry about this...how do I make a screen shot (what command). I did go to the page in question so if I can get the how-to on the screen shot I can post that for you.

Have never had to tell Norton Internet Security (has been installed since 2006) to allow any previous version of SBPro PE or codemeter exe's to run.

Thanks for your help.