2.370 issues?

YdnarB

Didn't see this in the release notes.

1. Beta install automatically goes into the install for codemeter 3.2. I had 3.3 installed already so it told me the install failed. It looked like the SBPro install failed so I had it repair files, etc and it works ok.

2. The release notes stated "Fixed a bug in the map view that could reduce your frame rate to about half the normal value". I think this bug is still here. I can reproduce this, not every time I switch but perhaps one in 4 or 5. Same scene, typically a moving vehicle, pop into map and pop out, frame rates drop to 15 to 20 then rise to normal in about 5 to 10 seconds. No other activity on the PC at the time; only associated with reading the map.

Not sure a bug but is there a minimum range for the M2A2 to shoot a missle? I've had a couple close encounters that I could not get a missle off. The TC is telling me to shoot but I can't get anything to shoot. Jump out of F8 and the AI won't shoot either.

Thanks.

• Members

1. Um, well. CM runtime 3.3 was released after the beta version, so some sort of trouble was to be expected. Glad you solved it.
  2. The corrected map view/frame rate bug was of a different nature than your observation. It must be something different.
    (Not that I had an idea what it might be)
  3. Yes, TOW has a minimum range of 75m (I think), and then there's still the range where the hit likelihood is still low due to the initial oscillation of missile position over LOS.
    However, maybe your vehicle was positioned on a slope exceeding the launch tolerances for the TOW? It wouldn't fire the missile, then.

I'll keep an eye out for the slow down and when it happens and see if I can correlate it to a more repeatable condition.

For the TOW, tank was at 200m and was coming down hill towards me. So I was facing up a pretty steep hill. That must have been it.

I believe the tolerance to fire a TOW from a Brad is, less than or equal to 10 dergee off any one axis. I hope the classified tolerance is far more relaxed cause this one modeled in the Sim gets me killed quite a bit.

Is there a sensor on the Brad to let you know if you are out of tolerance? Maybe a carpenters level duct taped next to the TC.

From FM23.34 or 7.91 (unsure which)

7. .

a. When the TOW is assembled for ground emplacement, the tripod must be level to permit the effective operation of the weapon. If the tripod is not level, lateral (azimuth) movement of the traversing unit produces a change in the elevation angle of the launch tube. Therefore, acquiring and tracking the target may be difficult. An unlevel tripod can cause an electronic control error during the final tracking operation, while the command-link wire is guiding the missile to its target.

b. For ground emplacement, the proper adjustment of the tripod legs compensate for uneven ground up to a slope of 30-degrees. Therefore, the firing position must not slope more than 30-degrees. When the tripod legs are properly positioned, the bubble in each level will be between the marks on the level indicator. Do not fire from a position where the traversing unit has a lateral cant of more than 10-degrees. The ideal firing position is as level as possible. However, the missile can be fired from a position where the tripod is canted as much as 30-degrees directly downhill or uphill.

Obviously it is possible that the BFV and other vehicle mounted systems are more restrictive in launch authorisation, but it does seem that firing directly up or down steep slopes is acceptable for TOW as a system.

Ok. I am having a difficult time finding a suitable launch point. I really causes you to go to the top of the hill to get level and then you get whacked. Plus, when setting up a shot, I can't tell if I'm over the limit on level or not. Hard to get the perspective on that when looking out the gun site. The TC doesn't say anything (or he's saying 'gunner, missle, tank') and then I click, click, click trying to get a shot off. I die shortly after that.

Posted by YdnarB

and then I click, click, click trying to get a shot off. I die shortly after that.

IIRC, it's the spacebar that fires the weapon. And with the TOW, you have to be zoomed in (the N key). Working with the TOW can be... difficult. But it is a pretty good weapon when it detonates. Don't worry about the being over the limit. Just try to fire. If you can't, duck down behind the crest of the ridge. I've found it's the #1 way to save yourself from flying slugs and other ATGMs.

Is there any way we could loosen the 30 degree launch parameter .

The 2 meter map resolution doesn't give you the same environment in which the Bradley could take better hull down positions.

As it was stated above...your are forced to the top of most hills.

Isn't map resolution 12.5m?

Perhaps a ball 'spirit level' or 2-3 linear levels in relevant directions would be a useful tool. AFAIK the gunner driver and commander all have something of this sort in their instrumentation. If nothing else it could be overlaid into the gunner's (low* mag?) TOW sight picture.

*I suggest this as this isn't a combat usable mode, and may better replicate the coordination issues/need to look away than when the information is directly in the Fire mode.