Border Dispute (Beta)

Apocalypse 31

Red on Red

A company of T-62's goes on the offensive against a reinforced enemy tank company to reestablish part of an international boundary. Support from a section of 152mm artillery and possibly a flight of Mi-24's (depending on some variables)

Feedback needed!

-You win if then enemy is clear of the OBJ area, and you occupy it.

-Enemy reserves will be deployed randomly at a 25% rate.

-Friendly CCA (2x Mi-24s) will be deployed shortly after the enemy reserves appear.

56e83cf5cd84f_BorderDispute_zip.ebb93048

Border Dispute.zip

Edited by Apocalypse 31

Played via Map and observer view... don't know the insides of the Russian armor yet... was a good first run, got crowed on the bridge because came under attack so soon, but it was a good punch for the win... loved the support elements, like I said only one run so far.

Played via Map and observer view... don't know the insides of the Russian armor yet... was a good first run, got crowed on the bridge because came under attack so soon, but it was a good punch for the win... loved the support elements, like I said only one run so far.

Thanks for the feedback.

Did you get the win, and did the mission end correctly?

yep, never found the re-enforcements thou... unless I didn't wait long enough.

It was mostly a big shoot out from the bridge...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyGc42CNyIg

I enjoyed it, for it's quick and easy play, will be better when I actually learn and play from the inside.

Nice job thou.

The 'reserves' will only show up 25% of the time, and their route is random. I didn't want to overwhelm the player.

Quick/easy/enjoyable gameplay is what I'm going for. I was also thinking about unlocking B Co's side of the map for the more advanced players that want a battalion-sized engagement.

I really like it. I think it would be much harder without the T-72 (I can see why you included it), which one can use as a force multiplier tank, although BM-15 tended to require a couple of shots to actually kill enemy tanks. The OF-19 HEF-T round, however, is like a silver bullet against the T-62's. I found the T-62's tended to just trade AP shots against each other, especially dealing with the overwatch force on the hill beyond the bridge.

The AI gunners are still way better than I am though - I think their range estimate is pretty much dead on.