Spawn & Drain Zones - Empty Vehicles

LoupGarou

While playing around with the fantastic new features of 3.0 I came across the spawn and drain zones and thought they might be very useful for a quick ambush scenario, along a road for example, with heavy military trafic. So I made a spawn zone at the Northern end and a drain zone at the Southern one and added various military and civilian trafic (all vehicles) as prototypes and set them to follow the road enroute to the drain zone. Everything worked perfectly apart from one thing; all vehicles that were supposed to carry infantry/personnel were all empty. Am I doing some thing wrong, when setting up the zones, or am I just trying to "abuse" a feature that is not supposed to be used for this?

• Members

Well, we at least didn't test that part because it wasn't really intended for it - at least not yet - but I'm not very surprised at what you found. The basic idea is to have autonomous navigation and behavior in the source-drain movement by units as actors that aren't bound to a hierarchy. Military units are intended to be scripted.

That's not to say that this will remain forever. But there are a number of special cases to be considered. What is "a prototype" - just the vehicle, or also its optional equipment, passengers, ...? Right now at least the passengers do not seem to be a part of the deal.

Aha, okay, thanks for the reply, as usual I have stuck my nose in where no one else has before haha.

If it's of any use then I actually got the thing to spawn the mounted infantry, if the prototype is left with the infantry dismounted then a rifle squad or two will spawn only not with the vehicle