Hamachi and 3.0?

BadgerDog

Ok, reader's digest version... :)

I got 3.0 installed and running just fine on my MacBook Pro using Bootcamp and it runs pretty well.

Thanks to Mark who taught me how to use it, I was using Hamachi with 2.654 to share licenses across my LAN and sometime across the broader Internet.

Today, I was at work and had some time, so I wanted to test 3.0's load times because my MacBook Pro uses SSD as it's hard drive.

So, I booted up into Windows 7 under Bootcamp and ensured Hamachi was running, which it was, I could see other Hamachi network users such as Mark and also the CodeMeter server across the Internet.

I clicked on SB 3.0 and it loaded in about 25 seconds to the main menu. So far so good.

I did notice one anomaly with my mouse on my small MacBook Pro (15") screen in that resolution, which is that the mouse doesn't line up with the menu options to select on any 3.0 screen? You actually have to move it around to get an option to light up, usually placing the mouse pointer above and to the left of the option item. I don't have that problem on my 27" Apple Cinema screen when I run SB 3.0 at home. Anyway to fix this when running on my smaller 15" MacBook Pro screen?

Anyway, I digress from the real problem...

I located and clicked on the Tank Range so I could test the load time of a scenario. There were no tanks displayed to choose from? :confused:

I hit ESC key back to main menu and selected tutorials. Tanks appeared there so I clicked on M1A1 and as soon as I did, Windows 7 popped up a message saying SB2 had stopped responding?:confused: Yes, it said SB2?

I then tried a scenario and picked a downloaded one. As soon as I clicked on it and tried to start it, I got the same Windows 7 message.

When I was testing SB3 at home on my local LAN with Hamachi etc., I didn't have these issues, so am I missing something, or doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help ... :)

Regards,

Doug

Well not sure.

I used Hamachi and 3.002 two weeks ago because I was away from home to connect to the machine at home and access a license on the dongle plugged in there.

It worked fine and I participated in our scheduled BG ANZAC meeting.

I intend to do the same thing tomorrow night (Thursday night my time) and expect a similar, albeit slightly slower, experience as what I have at home.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members
I did notice one anomaly with my mouse on my small MacBook Pro (15") screen in that resolution, which is that the mouse doesn't line up with the menu options to select on any 3.0 screen?

Like Homer wrote, switch to windowed mode (or if you're already in it, resize the window). Then go to Options | Display and switch back to fullscreen. I don't know why this occasionally happens, but the window resizing will force a new initialization of the mouse pointer location, and from then on everything's fine again.

I hit ESC key back to main menu and selected tutorials. Tanks appeared there so I clicked on M1A1 and as soon as I did, Windows 7 popped up a message saying SB2 had stopped responding?:confused: Yes, it said SB2?

An oversight on our part. The executable was not renamed in the source code project file when compiling SB Pro PE 3.000, 3.001, and 3.002.

Can't say anything about the Hamachi issues, however.

Like Homer wrote, switch to windowed mode (or if you're already in it, resize the window). Then go to Options | Display and switch back to fullscreen. I don't know why this occasionally happens, but the window resizing will force a new initialization of the mouse pointer location, and from then on everything's fine again.

An oversight on our part. The executable was not renamed in the source code project file when compiling SB Pro PE 3.000, 3.001, and 3.002.

Can't say anything about the Hamachi issues, however.

Thanks guys .. :)

I'll test the mouse thingy when I get a chance....

I'll continue to look into the Hamachi issue ...

Regards,

Doug

Ok, did some testing and everything works fine on a local LAN hardware connection using Hamachi virtual network IP's.

Still doesn't work properly across Internet using Hamachi virtual network IP's.

SB3 starts fine, but still no tanks show up under Tank Range and when I try a scenario, I get the SB2 not responding error.

I winder if it has something to do with a firewall being used on the LAN at work where I'm connecting across the Internet to the CodeMeter server?

Regards,

Doug

• Members
SB3 starts fine, but still no tanks show up under Tank Range and when I try a scenario, I get the SB2 not responding error.

This suggests that certain folders are either non-existant, or cannot be accessed from your user account (see User's Manual, Chapter 2, sections about the file structure).

Perhaps.

Can you turn it off briefly for testing?

Maybe, but I'll have to check with the IT staff... ;)

This suggests that certain folders are either non-existant, or cannot be accessed from your user account (see User's Manual, Chapter 2, sections about the file structure).

I thought that too, but that doesn't explain why I simply start it up (changing nothing) on my local LAN at home with the dongle plugged into another machine on the LAN, and SB3 starts up fine with all the folders (tanks etc) appearing on the tank range just fine and no "SB2 has stopped responding" error.... :confused:

I need to get someone to try and connect across the Internet and share one of your licenses, to see if they can start SB3 and use the tank range etc.

Thanks for the feedback ... :)

Regards,

Doug