Bugs x2

TankHunter

1. Dismounted mortar teams never reload from supply trucks.

2. The long brick warehouse that looks like it is from the 1800s, the AI can see through, shoot through, and when zoomed in via the gun sight (TIS certainly, maybe even with the day sight) you can see through it too.

The file attached shows the behavior for the 2nd bug. Drive down the road and look through the town, the building in question is along the coast near the player's plt, behind the building is a T-62 which has xray vision.

bugexample_rar.6fcae684e32174ab16af3923a

bugexample.rar

Some things I have found with mortar teams,

1. Cancel all mortar fire missions before starting resupply.

2. Don't order any new fire missions until after the resupply is finished.

3. Don't bring up a resupply veh. until you want them to resupply (otherwise they try to execute the fire mission AND resupply at the same time and they end up getting confused and doing neither).

By following the above I have had hardly any issues with mortar teams any more (as far as resupply and firing).

This has worked with both player controlled and PC controlled mortar teams and resupply vehicles.

Potential range bug: Dramatic but temporary performance drop

I can reliably produce this by using the M1A2, killing a long range target in 50x FLIR, and immediately going to the day sight to watch the fire. Suddenly, frame rate plummets as I attempt to traverse. Most noticeable in low mag, dumping lead has no effect.

I'm running on an Asus G750 (i7, GTX780M).

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Edited by FlatTax
Clarification.

Let it be a bug report thread. So i have some of them.

Strange shadow behavior: You can see shadows of three soldiers, but as you can see those soldiers are inside vehicle:

0fgp.jpg

And there is a mission called Desert Ambush (IIRC mission name, its in Single missions folder by default) where all the trucks in convoy are driving backward all the time :D

• Moderators

And there is a mission called Desert Ambush (IIRC mission name, its in Single missions folder by default) where all the trucks in convoy are driving backward all the time :-D

That scenario is a user submitted scenario. At the bottom of the briefing is an email address; if you can email him this problem them I am sure he will fix it (and hopefully submit an updated version to us to replace it). Specifically you might want to mention where on the map the trucks drive backwards as I am sure it is a problem with one of the hundreds of routes he has. :eek2:

I think there should be a "quick questions" post stick-ied so that real bugs can be weeded out.If a bug is reported and a few people agree then a separate post is warranted.For example I was just gonna post on how my tank will not load any heat rounds even though it shows I have a few left.Another bug is that my tank has 25 rounds of sabot loaded.:luxhello::c: Well it hit me then that the extra sabot rounds takes up the space inside tank so that there is no more room left to load heat rounds.

• Moderators
I think there should be a "quick questions" post stick-ied so that real bugs can be weeded out.If a bug is reported and a few people agree then a separate post is warranted.For example I was just gonna post on how my tank will not load any heat rounds even though it shows I have a few left.Another bug is that my tank has 25 rounds of sabot loaded.:luxhello::c: Well it hit me then that the extra sabot rounds takes up the space inside tank so that there is no more room left to load heat rounds.

Only it doesn't turn out that way. Questions are asked, piled in on top of other questions and bugs are lost because posters do not go back and make a new thread/post again. It happens all the time.

Creating a new thread at least allows people to discuss the same topic. This is just a suggestion. You all can do whatever you want to do of course, but I am only saying this for the sake of not overlooking something by accident because there isn't always time to sift through every post in every thread.

I have to agree with volcano on this one. Seperate posts need to be made for each bug found. In one post, it is a good chance one or two might get overlooked due to amount of people posting in it, then one will be complaining that the bug wasnt even addressed even though it wasnt seen due to the heavy posting, which is not the developers fault, and im sure volcano and them have more important things to do thanw eed out each thread post by post every day. Lets make their job a little easier for them

That scenario is a user submitted scenario. At the bottom of the briefing is an email address; if you can email him this problem them I am sure he will fix it (and hopefully submit an updated version to us to replace it). Specifically you might want to mention where on the map the trucks drive backwards as I am sure it is a problem with one of the hundreds of routes he has. :eek2:

They driving back on all routes. All URALs (and maybe HMETTs too) are driving backward. It happens only to trucks. MEDEVAC vehicles, cars and all other vehicles are driving normally the same routes.

• Moderators
They driving back on all routes. All URALs (and maybe HMETTs too) are driving backward. It happens only to trucks. MEDEVAC vehicles, cars and all other vehicles are driving normally the same routes.

Ok, well, email that information to the guy that made the scenario. It is route setting related. ;)

CV90-30FI unity sight bug

While i was using unity sight i pressed override button to override a gunner then i released the button and i started to look around turret with crosshair from unity sight in the middle of the screen. Then i pressed Q button and this yellow crosshair disapeared. Then i overriden a gunner again and bug apeared again...

Here is the screen:

wdst.jpg

• 1 year later...
version 3.028 and cv9030 unity sight bug is not fixed.

Started to play with joystick again and run into this issue.

Yep, i waiting for this and still not fixed. Funny thing was that when i reported this bug some guys told me that it will be fixed in next update. Multiple updates later its still not fixed... ...It reminds me DCS series where tanks can camp on the top of the bridges and on the roofs of houses since i bought DCS:A-10C and its still not fixed ;-)

• Moderators
Yep, i waiting for this and still not fixed. Funny thing was that when i reported this bug some guys told me that it will be fixed in next update. Multiple updates later its still not fixed... ...It reminds me DCS series where tanks can camp on the top of the bridges and on the roofs of houses since i bought DCS:A-10C and its still not fixed ;-)

Not sure how you think this comment helps.

If we say something is fixed then it should be fixed. If we say it is fixed and it turns out not to be then it is simply an oversight and all someone has to do is mention it again, like Lumituisku did here (thanks, BTW). In most cases the oversight is due to it having been fixed for the next upgrade and not the next update, as these are an exclusively separate code base.

No one is trying to be deceptive here and we aren't on a quest for Kudo Points - if it hasn't been fixed (due to time or other issues being more important) then nothing will be said about it until it has been fixed. ;)