Soccer, the Dutch and a Leopard...

rump

When you go to upload this to the Download area, make sure the thumbnail image is under 128 x 128 pixels. I hear the moderator can be picky about this. :)

If he try to be picky with me I will deny hes(mine..er?) upload! :decu:

Nah I wont upload this one, the text on the sideshirt is mirrored on the other side so it looks fubar and I dont want to encourage people to use skins that makes spotting opfor easier.

I did it just for fun :)

/KT

Nah I wont upload this one, the text on the sideshirt is mirrored on the other side so it looks fubar and I dont want to encourage people to use skins that makes spotting opfor easier.

Roger,

Forgot about the text being mirrored on some of the models. Anyway, appreciate the effort. I sure got a good laugh out of it!

• Members
The front skirt armour looks odd. Is that a maintenance position or is it supposed to be unlatched like that for increased protection area?

No, it's a maintenance position. The frontal elements are too heavy to be lifted by two men, so you need to open them and then lift the rest (though, thinking about it, most soldiers would say "screw it!" and leave them complete just so they don't have to lift the other half up again so that the connector bolt can be locked. That takes a while and requires both great strength, fine control, and the more endurance the less dextrous you are; subjectively that's probably worse than pushing an extra heavy load).

No, it's a maintenance position. The frontal elements are too heavy to be lifted by two men, so you need to open them and then lift the rest (though, thinking about it, most soldiers would say "screw it!" and leave them complete just so they don't have to lift the other half up again so that the connector bolt can be locked. That takes a while and requires both great strength, fine control, and the more endurance the less dextrous you are; subjectively that's probably worse than pushing an extra heavy load).

Yeah why lift the extra weight for extra armor when your tank is painted orange anyway?

Hi,

The Steel Beasts version is mentioned in this news item on the Dutch MOD site:

http://www.mindef.nl/actueel/nieuws/2008/06/20080613_oranje_tank.aspx

"Orange tank enjoys great fame

The orange tank that could be seen in a recent clip on the popular internetsite GeenStijl, has taken on a life of its own. The conspicuous appearance has been the subject of many television and radio programs and pictures of the armoured vehicle can be found on many internet sites.

The brightly coloured Leopard is now also appearing in the virtual world. Users of the Steel Beasts computer game have imported the orange tank into this realistic tank simulator.

This unheard of dissemination contributes to the primary aim of the tank: to draw visual attention to the pride in the Dutch troops. The slogan 'Proud of our lads", written in black letters on the side, does not just relate to the foot ball team, but especially to the military personnel active on missions, such as amongst others in Afghanistan, Chad and the Balkans."

Regards,

Sander