Any new about the Spanish vehicles??

Stratos

Leopardo 2E sweeet:

no offence at all, but I hope it wont be like the strv122 is right now using the roof of the 2A5 ;)

Btw is this going to be fixed in the next update as well?

Is that a seniorita loading in the vid... or does Tibbs really need to clean his crusty contact lenses?

Are there any different functions in the Leo 2E compared to what we have now in SB, or are the differences more cosmetic?

"It has thicker armor on the turret and glacis plate than German Leopard 2A6, and uses a Spanish-designed tank command and control system, similar to the one fitted in German Leopard 2s".

-> more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_2E

-> So no dramatic differences,

so I guess there's a good chance that we'll see those differences in-game as well ?

Rgds

Koen

"It has thicker armor on the turret and glacis plate than German Leopard 2A6, and uses a Spanish-designed tank command and control system, similar to the one fitted in German Leopard 2s".

-> more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_2E

-> So no dramatic differences,

so I guess there's a good chance that we'll see those differences in-game as well ?

Rgds

Koen

its an strv 122 with longer maingun.

• Members

The most significant differences between the Leopardo 2E and the Leopard 2A5DK in SB Pro are

• L55 barrel with corresponding ballistics changes. Aside from the higher muzzle velocity of all rounds it is said to reduce the shot dispersion in comparison to the L44 gun.
  • Two magnifications in optical channel (like M1)
  • Commander has a touch cable above the vision blocks. Pull the cable (we will probably let you click it or hit a hotkey while you're looking through the vision block), and the peri will rotate to that direction. You could then override the gunner if there was a threat, or always have the peri where you last looked through the vision block.
  • Protection values like the Strv 122 (no changes for the hull, but crew protection against bomblet ammunition (might still kill your engine or ammo though)
  • Spanish labels on all instruments... well, I guess you kinda figured that already

@ Ssnake:

Does the Leopard 2e have different thermal sights with better resolution for the gunner compared to the german Leopard 2a5?

Does the Leopard 2e have the floor armor plates like the german leopard 2a6m?

If yes, will this be implemented in SB Pro Pe?

Will the german wiesel and the new 120mm HE round from rheinmetall be integrated ?

Greetings Greif

• Members

I'm not aware that the Leopardo 2E has better thermals. If that is the case it's an omission in the development specs, but we'd only need to change a single variable or two in the code to adapt this.

Also, I don't think that the 2E has the mine protection package already integrated. If that were the case we could easily change it, but right now my answer is No.

We have a single Wiesel model in our digital stockpile, but it doesn't really make sense to put that in until after we have at least two or three more variants. The point is, after all, that they are a vehicle family to provide better operational mobility and firepower to air mobile troops, and you need most if not all the different vehicles to achieve the combined arms effect.

The DM22 is a pet peeve of mine which I hope to sneak in sooner rather than later, but at the moment we don't have it.