Populating a Desert Road

Flying Penguin

Yet another dumb question...

I'm building a scenario using a desert map and I've run into a seemingly insurmountable problem trying to populate a desert road with civilian vehicles. I've set up the spawn and drain points, selected road routing and some units are successfully moving between them.

The problem comes when I spawn civilian cars, which spawn pointing the wrong way, drive straight off the road and immediately become bogged down. Ambulances, jeeps and other off roaders are able to turn around and then set off, but this leaves me with a highway without normal road-going cars, and eventually leads to a massive traffic jam at the spawn point.

I've reduced the spawn zone to as close to the width of the road as the editor will let me, but then I just get lots of cars in the middle of the road perpendicular to the flow of traffic.

Is there any way round this?

Thanks,

Jamie

• Members

Hard to say without actually looking at at least some screenshot illustrating your setup. Maybe you need to test out a "safe area" for cars making U-turns off-road so they don't get bogged down, and make these your spawn locations.

I tend to create an extended corridor at the enge of the map closely following the route so they don't all spawn in the very same place and eventually block each other. That applies to both spawn and drain zones.