Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ssnake, a bit of help here, I bought a 4 month license and its about to expire. So I bought another for months and added to my container. It still shows as 10 days left and the second license doesn't show as activated, only available. Will it automatically renew once the previous license time runs out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Prior to version 4.0 we had it that the existing license would be updated/extended. For reasons unknown this license update process does no longer work properly with CodeMeter runtime version 6 (Wibu Systems changed things here; their motivation to do so is unknown). So we can now only create a new license which won't be used until the old one runs out. Which also means that over time a number of expired licenses will show up in your CmAct license container, unfortunately.

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Yes. Prior to version 4.0 we had it that the existing license would be updated/extended. For reasons unknown this license update process does no longer work properly with CodeMeter runtime version 6 (Wibu Systems changed things here; their motivation to do so is unknown). So we can now only create a new license which won't be used until the old one runs out. Which also means that over time a number of expired licenses will show up in your CmAct license container, unfortunately.

:(

 

It's a non-issue to me :) If i'm able to play the game (and I'm a SP only guy) i'm more than happy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From a strictly functional perspective you're right. But of course this change inevitably creates irritation and an increase in support cases, as is evident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. Very recently got a copy of a yearly licence (ie no USB stick), and have decided I want to reinstall my PC.. will I have issues reinstalling/licencing SB after? I may get a new GPU in the process... so would that affect anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I owned a codemeter and version 3.11, I recently went to buy the upgraded license and my question is, its saying I got the upgrade but when I turn on steel beast PRO it still says version 3.11.  I am stumped on what to do.  Been trying to google search and look on the forums for a answer.  Sorry and thanks!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Army198531 said:

I owned a codemeter and version 3.11, I recently went to buy the upgraded license and my question is, its saying I got the upgrade but when I turn on steel beast PRO it still says version 3.11.  I am stumped on what to do.  Been trying to google search and look on the forums for a answer.  Sorry and thanks!!!!!

You should have received an email with link for licence activation. Did you?

 

And: did you download an install the latest steelbeasts version?

Edited by Grenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also having some trouble with activation. While waiting for my CodeMeter stick to arrive I used the temporary license, which worked, but has since expired. Now that my stick has arrived, I'm getting the "License Failure" error after switching to the license and attempting to launch. I've enabled the CmStick license in CodeMeterCC and updated the CmStick to 4.10. I'm using Windows 10 and see the directions regarding downloading and installing CodeMeter runtime 6.30b, but it looks like 6.30b has been taken off the list of downloads on that page and the closest Runtime version there is 6.32 (currently I'm running 6.50). Is there something I haven't tried yet? Thank you.

Edited by PrevalentGroove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. The latest CM runtime, never a mistake to update that, is version 6.70, and can be found here.
  2. Have you returned to your old license ticket, and activated the permanent license? Some people seem to assume that the license is already installed on the CM stick, but we send them empty to avoid arguments about license replacements if the stick goes missing. So you would need to
    1. plug in your CM stick
    2. revisit your license ticket
    3. click the link, and then click the picture with the CM stick, on the right, then activate
  3. If in doubt, send me an email. I can offer more specific advice if I know your email address, so I can look up your ticket's status, which often gives me a clue already about what may have happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ssnake said:
  1. The latest CM runtime, never a mistake to update that, is version 6.70, and can be found here.
  2. Have you returned to your old license ticket, and activated the permanent license? Some people seem to assume that the license is already installed on the CM stick, but we send them empty to avoid arguments about license replacements if the stick goes missing. So you would need to
    1. plug in your CM stick
    2. revisit your license ticket
    3. click the link, and then click the picture with the CM stick, on the right, then activate
  3. If in doubt, send me an email. I can offer more specific advice if I know your email address, so I can look up your ticket's status, which often gives me a clue already about what may have happened.

Got it, thank you! I thought I was supposed to transfer the license to my computer, not the dongle. Makes sense now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...