Laze help

O_Smiladon

S! Guys,

Need a bit of help..

In my M1A1 and M1A2 tanks I am having a bother lazing to target.

My first laze is normally fine and I hit target mo worries.

But after 3 or 4 different targets the laze seems not read true for me?

Like in the M1A1 I laze and target is 3026 away bang target Next contact around the same distance laze and only get 1726 away from target, boom to short??

I thought it might just be me not hitting the target properly so I tried it in the M1A2 with the full on zoom I got the same result, first laze on target 3260 away boom target.. Then next target was a little more distance away but the laze return was saying much closer ??

I am sure I am doing something wrong?

O_Smiladon

• Members

Well, a good gunner would always chack the laser results for plausibility. If it's not plausible, the range reading is wrong.

As the laser beam disperses many range measurements may receive multiple echos especially at longer ranges or if the target is partially obscured and smaller than the beam divergence.

This is being indicated in the M1 series gunner's sight by a horizontal line/bar above the range reading. Multiple returns are generally suspicious and should be double-checked for plausibility.

Also of importance - whether you select first or last return logic (will the shortest, or the longest measured distance be taken for the ballistic calculations). Be sure to know what the setting is and set up your range measurements accordingly.

S! Guys,

Need a bit of help..

In my M1A1 and M1A2 tanks I am having a bother lazing to target.

My first laze is normally fine and I hit target mo worries.

But after 3 or 4 different targets the laze seems not read true for me?

Like in the M1A1 I laze and target is 3026 away bang target Next contact around the same distance laze and only get 1726 away from target, boom to short??

I thought it might just be me not hitting the target properly so I tried it in the M1A2 with the full on zoom I got the same result, first laze on target 3260 away boom target.. Then next target was a little more distance away but the laze return was saying much closer ??

I am sure I am doing something wrong?

O_Smiladon

Was the second round HEAT or Sabot?

If it was HEAT, there is a great chance that you´re using the wrong ballistics cause the new M1A2 are loaded with MPATs instead.

if you fire a sabot and the TC call for a HEAT or different round up in the right hand corner the round index will be the word ''sabot'' blinking.this means you need to select HEAT or whatever the TC called for and it will stop blinking indicating the proper round is indexed for the BC.

Also of importance - whether you select first or last return logic (will the shortest, or the longest measured distance be taken for the ballistic calculations). Be sure to know what the setting is and set up your range measurements accordingly.

I don't think this can be overstated. It is crucial to understand first/last return and the procedure for both. Depending on which mode you're in, a lase in the exact same spot can return very different results.

I don't think this can be overstated. It is crucial to understand first/last return and the procedure for both. Depending on which mode you're in, a lase in the exact same spot can return very different results.

I think this is the key .. to understand when to use the different modes in the lase

I think this is the key .. to understand when to use the different modes in the lase

I have mapped the toggle lase first/last return to a key and using the first/last return but still no luck?

But I think there is still more to it that i am not doing, not just as easy as first return, lase, fire miss. Then last return, lase, fire

:confused:

Cheers

O_Smiladon