PCs sometimes stop following movement orders

Rotareneg

I first noticed this during the last TGIF battle: Some PCs I had control over stopped following routes and movement orders. If I tried to manually drive them they would move for a short distance and then stop on their own.

In this video the bug shows itself at 3:25:

PSpz9RYHDPw

Attached is the scenario and AAR from the video.

56e83cf9209d6_PCbug_zip.21028c9f045d1d18

PC bug.zip

• Moderators

When you see it, check and make sure you don't see your PC icons flashing in the bottom right of the view (in 3D world). If it is, it is because they are waiting to pick up infantry. This happens when infantry are unloaded and moved far away.

However, that doesn't sound like this is what you all are seeing?

After playing around with the PCs for a bit, I've found some very odd behavior. If a PC (with mounted troops) is given a dismount order while on a route it'll stop, but not actually unload the troops. At that point it'll exhibit that bug. If you repeat the dismount order it'll actually dismount the troops and then resume the route. If you later pick up the troops it may or may not end up paralyzed. Also, when you add a route to the unit, a spurious waypoint will be created near the unit, visible in my video around 3:25+ when I create a route which adds waypoint 14 for the route and a mystery waypoint 10 that I later remove.

Don't wish to derail the thread, but I have experienced several times PCs loading their troops (yes, their troops and definitely both squads) and the doors closing. But when the vehicle moves off the troops magically reappear on the ground behind the vehicle. Reloading them just results in rinse and repeat. Unforunately, moving off without them results in the behaviour described above where the PC keeps stopping every few yards so the troops who insisted on staying behind can get back in. But they don't move or make any attempt to do so. 'Anyone else had this?

I have seen this behavior before and every time it was because one squad member was hung up on something and didn't mount up.

Once the squads magically disembark again, jump to each and try moving between the members ([shift]+[F10], I believe) and see who the doofus is. Then, you can guide them back manually if need be.

• 2 weeks later...

We had something similar in BG ANZAC last night.

One of the units was a Mech Pl. Part way through they refused to follow the "owner's" commands (I think after one vehicle dismounted its troops).

We tried him giving them to me as "host" and "CO" and then me giving them back but no change.

The Owner then gave them to me and I was able to manually drive each vehicle short distances (moving the Platoon meant jumping around each of the five vehicles and manually driving them from F8).

The Platoon would not follow any routes plotted for them or when they got closer together, being "attached" to each other.

Finally I drove them all to the desired drop point and manually dropped the Infantry from each vehicle.

Once this was done "normal service was resumed" with the vehicles going on the routes that had been plotted for them.

I gave them back to the original owner and he was then able to use the Platoon normally.

Can provide scenario, AAR, etc. as required.