Cant give orders to units on map

GROSSMAN

I have been unable to click on a unit and give it waypoints, orders ect, once I click on the unit they right click to bring up menu, it puts me into the unit itself.

I am going back and re-installing the game-would the Navmesh download help that issue, I didn't download it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

Did you build the scenario or is it a prebuilt one?

If pre built does the briefing say if you can or can not control the unit (if its a neighbouring unit it may be scripted to work under AI control)?

If in the Mission editor, is the unit under human or computer control?

BTW: There is no "navmesh download". The option to create a Navmesh is offered in the Mission Editor.

Are you having these issues in the Editor or in playing in Offline Session mode or when playing in Network Session mode?

If somehow you are running an AAR you can't give orders either - since you are reveiwing a "replay".

Before you trash your installation (and all the work that an installation involves) perhaps a few details might help us help you. :)

• Members

You may be referring to the SB Navmesh builder program, but that is absolutely irrelevant in this context. The SB Navmesh Builder allows you to convert multiple maps in one single pass rather than having to convert each manually and staring at a progress bar for ten minutes each.

Downloading just "a navmesh" for a given map or scenario is impossible. You could only download a map or scenario file that already has the nav mesh incorporated, but that's it.

In any case, to cut this tangential topic short: The presence of nav meshes in a scenario is irrelevant as far as the described issue is concerned, the inability to simply select a unit with a single left click rather than immediately jumping to it (as a double click would do).

The first place to look at is to investigate if the mouse behaves differently - it could be a driver setting. I cannot rule out another source of error, but I have to confess that right now I can't think of anything else that is remotely plausible.

There's of course always the possibility that a third party software might interfere, or a "fun virus" that's designed to torment an unsuspecting computer user. I remember things like the "icon frightener" from Windows 3.10 days that made icons move away from wherever the mouse pointer was (well, the blitted icon image was moved, not the link coordinate itself, actually). It could drive people mad, a simple prank software.