Submitting Scenarios with altered Maps

Pop Smoke

It affects the amount of compression the height map will under go. I don't know what the difference is between a value of "lossless" when compared to 100x. Perhaps one of the developers will be able to elaborate. Then we'll both know. :)

For better or worse, I've used 100x in the past.

Well the only mp that you would have altered is the terrain map. This and its terrain theme are both stored in the mission file automatically. This has nothing to do with the heightmap embeding. When you create a heightmap in Pro you are offered a compression value between Lossless and 100. This value is kept with the heightmap. We found that for maps derrived from the free 90m data which most of the heightmaps are that 30-35x compression was about ideal. When you then make a mission from it and use the embed option the minimum compression will be the same as the original compression. This explains why Pop smoke only gets the choice of 40x through to 100x (Ie you can't compress it less than the original heightmap). I would recomend just leaving this value the same as the map is compressed. The system for compressing the maps is a complex system so quantifying the difference between lossless and 100x is not really possible. It depends on the original data.

Nice one DA, thanks for your help. You are correct in that I only altered the terrain, in that I removed a lot of rocks that were a total barrier to movement in the area I wanted to use, no alteration to height maps etc. I should have made that clearer perhaps, still, all is now clear.

Thanks Tacbat and Dark Angel!

I finished the .sce and have uploaded it to the pro PE downloads single player section.

The name is Desert Scenario (very imaginative!).

Your task is to capture the airfield to the Northwest of your starting position.

This is a relatively easy scenario, but easy to fail if you are reckless as well.

There is a mission score and a user score set up and a message to end if you are victorious.

(You won't be around to hear any messages if you're not will you!)

The breifing is lacking in the usual military jargon, I don't know any, so it does what breifings should do, tells you what the situation is and what you have to do to accomplish the task and with what.

Maybe it will amuse you for an hour or so. :)

Ooops, forgot to mention, this is made with the 2.370 Beta