No arty after an in-progress-save

cobrabase

Made an in-progress save last night playing Zipuli's "No time for Beer" mission.

It loaded fine when I came back to it tonight but than I realized my artillery had been taken away. Every firemission I phoned in I get a perpetual "waiting for authorization."

I decided to load the mission in the scenatio editor - I confirmed all the arty settings were as before. Sim crashed as I tried to load that same in-progress save after that.

Has anyone ever seen this problem before?

More details here.

Hmm, I remember having a similar issue with arty, though I do not recall if it was after reloading a saved mission. I have had the in-game save crash on me during the save a few times, making the save file corrupt.

Another interesting issue is with IFVs in conjunction with infantry. Sometimes, with partial dismount/mount of infantry, the APC will not follow waypoints, and will come to a stop when auto pilot kicks in and you're in external or commander view even though it is set to a particular speed (do not recall if it happens in gunner's view). Tapping left or right to disable auto pilot will get it moving again. I've also been able to 'fix' the issue by mounting/dismounting the infantry using the menu from the map screen. If I recall, mounting and dismounting while in external or commander view -does not- alleviate the issue.

I've also had a interesting situation where an infantry in a squad gets left behind, then picks up that squad icon on map becoming a separate 'squad' with the same call sign from which he split from. He is no longer able to mount or dismount and most of the stances buttons while in external view disappear, though you can still cajole different stances using 'q' and 'z'.

We just saved a MP session mid game and after reading your post tried to load it in single player.

Artillery worked fine for me (sorry).

All the artillery in my scenario is "off map" - perhaps your issue relates to "on map"?

That's possible. I'm using the "new" arty system. Half the time the in progress saves freeze my sim.

One thing I did notice though is that time reverts.

This may require its own thread but we played a mission on Thursday night which had H Hr at 0415.

We saved it at 0645 (H+150 or so).

When I went to reload the saved file the locations / losses, etc. were as at 0645 but the clock was back at 0415 (i.e. in the dark again).

I've also had a interesting situation where an infantry in a squad gets left behind, then picks up that squad icon on map becoming a separate 'squad' with the same call sign from which he split from. He is no longer able to mount or dismount

Can confirm that happens.

Hmm, I remember having a similar issue with arty, though I do not recall if it was after reloading a saved mission. I have had the in-game save crash on me during the save a few times, making the save file corrupt.

Another interesting issue is with IFVs in conjunction with infantry. Sometimes, with partial dismount/mount of infantry, the APC will not follow waypoints, and will come to a stop when auto pilot kicks in and you're in external or commander view even though it is set to a particular speed (do not recall if it happens in gunner's view). Tapping left or right to disable auto pilot will get it moving again. I've also been able to 'fix' the issue by mounting/dismounting the infantry using the menu from the map screen. If I recall, mounting and dismounting while in external or commander view -does not- alleviate the issue.

I've also had a interesting situation where an infantry in a squad gets left behind, then picks up that squad icon on map becoming a separate 'squad' with the same call sign from which he split from. He is no longer able to mount or dismount and most of the stances buttons while in external view disappear, though you can still cajole different stances using 'q' and 'z'.

I get the same thing.

Save in game

Load in Editor

Make some changes

Save Again - Game crashes and corrupts the original saved file.

Saving to a different file name doesn't help.

Sometimes if I delete all the old waypoints and destroyed units it may save ok.

Not always though.