Is Version 3.0 finished

pii

• Members
Guess I'll put off that upgrade then. :luxhello:

Notice that 3.0 will be the last opportunity to upgrade from 2.x. Versions coming after that will require a 3.0 license.

Coming back to your original question, I'm not sure if an adequate answer can be given in the first place. I have no balance sheet where I tick off each old SFX animation when it's been replaced by a new one. What can be said is that no matter what our original development goals have been, 3.0 is without a doubt a massive visual improvement over its predecessor versions. Also, it is debatable if there is an actual "end state" that we could define and reach. SB Pro development will presumably go on as long as eSim Games exists. That also means that there will always be some visual improvements.

That's all that I can say. Look at the 3.0 videos on YouTube and judge for yourself if the improvements are worth it.

Notice that 3.0 will be the last opportunity to upgrade from 2.x. Versions coming after that will require a 3.0.

Ssnake, I've been meaning to ask you a question along those lines. I currently purchase the $10 per month because it fits better into my new baby budget. When SB gets upgraded to 3.XX, will I be able to continue purchasing the most updated SB for $10 or will the $10 per month be only for 3.0?

The per-month versions are "always latest".

The buy-once (codemeter) versions are persistent licences but must be upgraded to use more recent versions of the software although possibly at a lower long term cost than the subscription model. It has also so far been possible to 'skip' generations going from 2.002 to the 'current' 3.002 (once it is available) without going through every update/upgrade along the upgrade path. This might not be possible in the future though.

• Members
Ssnake, I've been meaning to ask you a question along those lines. I currently purchase the $10 per month because it fits better into my new baby budget. When SB gets upgraded to 3.XX, will I be able to continue purchasing the most updated SB for $10 or will the $10 per month be only for 3.0?

What GSprocket wrote - time based licenses will always allow the use of the latest version. No upgrade fees or other hassle (aside from the occasional installation work).

Notice that 3.0 will be the last opportunity to upgrade from 2.x. Versions coming after that will require a 3.0 license.

Coming back to your original question, I'm not sure if an adequate answer can be given in the first place. I have no balance sheet where I tick off each old SFX animation when it's been replaced by a new one. What can be said is that no matter what our original development goals have been, 3.0 is without a doubt a massive visual improvement over its predecessor versions. Also, it is debatable if there is an actual "end state" that we could define and reach. SB Pro development will presumably go on as long as eSim Games exists. That also means that there will always be some visual improvements.

That's all that I can say. Look at the 3.0 videos on YouTube and judge for yourself if the improvements are worth it.

Thanks sSnake

But before you released v3.0 you had a certain goal in mind for the new particle effects and , if I recall correctly, you were finding it harder than expected to implement them. So my question is have you at least gotten those done now?

Thanks again!

• Members

We had something else in mind, but that's a matter of quality, not quantity. As so often, you'd sleep better if I hadn't said anything about the particles prior to the release as you could accept the current solution as the improvement over the old ones that they undoubtedly are. Now you have the nagging feeling that you might be missing out on something that it COULD have been. ;)

We had something else in mind, but that's a matter of quality, not quantity. As so often, you'd sleep better if I hadn't said anything about the particles prior to the release as you could accept the current solution as the improvement over the old ones that they undoubtedly are. Now you have the nagging feeling that you might be missing out on something that it COULD have been. ;)

I have full intention of upgrading at some point so don't worry yourself.

I was just wondering if you ever licked the problems you were having implementing some of the new effects or if you had solved them and included them in the current version.