Mouse virus

GROSSMAN

I posted earlier on not being able to order units on the tac map and it was suggested I had a mouse virus. Since then I have also noticed shots falling far away from the cross hairs and the black cross veering away from the sight, does this confirm that problem and if so how do I get rid of the problem.

I ran a full system scan and noting showed up. Thanks in advance for any help.

First, I would double check online with all the products I recommend here.

I would probably run the free version of Malwarebytes if you haven't already. Download from their site malwarebytes.org here.

Malwarebytes is a great little program that finds a lot of those nasty malwares that find their way onto one's computer.

If you already have an anti-virus program you like, bypass this step, otherwise my favorite free anti-virus software is Avast! Download from their site avast.com here. Download the free essentials version located about midway down the page.

The last (or first step if you prefer) is to go your task manager and research each process you are not familiar with online using your favorite search engine.

Start your task manager via alt-ctrl-delete or right click the task bar and select task manager.

Click on the 'Processes' tab then click on the 'Show processes from all users' button.

Finally, look up each process you are unfamiliar with and make sure they are not vira.

This is time consuming, but sometimes necessary.

Hopefully one of these steps will work.

• 4 weeks later...