Sabot for Sale!

Maj.Hans

Interesting fact(don't know if its just german law :-p): If you want to transport a Sabot-round in your car, make shure that at least one fin has been removed.

Sabot with all fins, gets you arrested for violation of arms-control-laws.

PS:@Tread Head57, If you can give me contact data of the manufacturer that offers 120mm sabot rounds a 600$ a piece...I'd be very interested to place an order for 2 or 3 thousand of 'em ;-)

(hey resale to any army will be quiet profitable 8-) )

PS PS: I'm pretty sure that even the US army does not "give away" even training ammo. Guess it "fell from some truck"

Interesting fact(don't know if its just german law :-p): If you want to transport a Sabot-round in your car, make shure that at least one fin has been removed.

Sabot with all fins, gets you arrested for violation of arms-control-laws.

PS:@Tread Head57, If you can give me contact data of the manufacturer that offers 120mm sabot rounds a 600$ a piece...I'd be very interested to place an order for 2 or 3 thousand of 'em ;-)

(hey resale to any army will be quiet profitable 8-) )

PS PS: I'm pretty sure that even the US army does not "give away" even training ammo. Guess it "fell from some truck"

Something like that I guess,

Probably from a German US army base when they moved the M1s out.

They have stuff like that in the training suites.

"This is what a tank sized bullet looks like. But its principle role is as a cool looking door stop."

I guess they threw away the door first.

Typical Defence bureaucrat thinking. :luxhello:

Guest Killjoy
They have stuff like that in the training suites.

"This is what a tank sized bullet looks like. But its principle role is as a cool looking door stop."

Funny you should say that. Mate of mine has an 88 shell that he uses for that very purpose.

For $600+ I want the real McCoy; propellant, tracer, functional primer, DU penetrator, etc.

1st you'd have to give the seller his $600 and then ATFE all the paperwork plus another $200 for the tax stamp necessary to own a destructive device.

Currently its taking 6 to 9 months in the US just to get the tax stamp to own a sound suppressor. Probably longer to get a DD stamp.

Currently its taking 6 to 9 months in the US just to get the tax stamp to own a sound suppressor. Probably longer to get a DD stamp.

Ugh, tell me about it. I toyed with the idea of getting a Class 3 liscence, but too hard to move around with one when active military. At least I got my C&R.