How to fire the 50 cal.

GROSSMAN

I can't seem to find the button to man the 50 cal or MG42 on top of the tanks-Help! I'm being overrun by trucks!

Well assuming you are talking about the M1:

- Go to the Crew Commander's seat (F7)

- Select the MG sight (above and to the right) - that gives you a sight

- You can use the mouse to traverse, need to use the keyboard arrows to elevate and depress

Watch and shoot.

(Pretty sure all of that is covered in one of the M1 Crew Commander Tutorials)

Don't think you can use the MG3 (no MG42s since 1945 :)) on the Leos - should be the Loader's anyway for local air defence.

For the M1A2 go to the commander's station and press alt-f3.

For M1s that are not the M1A2, the M2 cannot be fired manually. Instead, it must be controlled via the Commander's Weapon System from within the tank. It has electronic traverse and a hand-cranked elevation/depression, which translates to the mouse controlling traverse and the up and down arrow keys controlling elevation and depression.

For the Leos, the pintle-mounted MG-3 is used only by the loader, whose station is not modeled in the game.

Don't think you can use the MG3 (no MG42s since 1945 :)) on the Leos - should be the Loader's anyway for local air defence.

Well, there were/are the MG2s - WW2 production MG-42s reworked to fire 7.62x51mm NATO.

Why throw it away if it still kills commies?...I mean, still works...

Darn I was looking forward to using the German MG.

Thanks for the info.

What deja said...+the Centauro, the M113 (A?), the 1,2 to technical and the 4x4 technical all are able to mount the MG3

Downside: They only and allways have their AD(air defence) sight flipped up. A bit unhelpful when engaging ground targets :-(

PS:If there ever where MG42 reworked to 7.62x51, they are all out of service now...wear and tear ya know...