Some news

VZLAWOLFRANK

• Members

No. The current beta version includes only about half of the intended changes. We are a bit behind our schedule, and the user conference this Friday revealed a bit of a shift in priorities, so we will eventually change our release schedule. Since we haven't discussed the consequences for the PE version in full yet, I cannot give you details at this point.

I guess only time will tell. But i have a gut feeling there will be no summer update and it will be delayed to somewhere between fall and winter. If they release only a small portion of the intended features with some bug fixes i think people will be somewhat suprised, esspecially now we are looking at pay-upgrades in the near future. I dont mind waiting longer all that much because i really did not expect the update to be available in the summer anyway.

A summer release of an patch of the beta that fixes some of the bugs in it would be ideal (particularly but not only dealing with the issue with the AI units looking right at an enemy through trees, ridges, etc in a multi kilometer area because a lone infantryman or anything else saw that enemy unit). That way one can show off what is going to be in the update, plus allow the multi play community to thrive. It is sort of dead at the moment. That could partially be due to the bugs in the beta release which has become the standard for MP. Considering that the release of the update may be delayed, it would be ideal to issue at least a bug fix of the bugs in the public beta release and for problems previous to that.