OPERATION VARIABLE 4

Tacbat

Updated the rules to add clarity on what constitues a grid square being controlled:

A grid square is considered controlled by a side if their territorial boundary goes through 75% or more of the grid square. If no side controls 75% or more of a given grid square, then that grid square will be considered unclaimed.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Added another small update to the rules:

Reinforcements and surviving units may be positioned anywhere within the boundaries of a side’s controlled territory. If an impassable water obstacle exists, then vehicles cannot be deployed into that area unless they are physically able to drive there through friendly territory.

Allied sides cannot capture territory from each other.

I think that covers all the areas that needed further explaination, so here is the final version of the rules. Of course if something comes up, I will make additional updates to them. If the CO's are thinking of doing something that isn't covered by the rules, then I would suggest asking about it before a mission. Otherwise you run the chance of things not turning out as you had envisioned.

56e83cfa8687f_OPVariable4RulesFinal_rar.

OP Variable 4 Rules Final.rar

Just a reminder to the CO's that I will be taking your choices for your starting deployment zones as of 0000Z on 01 Jan 14 via PM. Be sure to list all four deployment zones in order of preference in case your first couple of choices have been taken. It will be a case of first-come, first-served.

Also, I'm still looking for additional force selection for the first mission from two of the teams. If I don't get it, I'll just pick some equipment for you (tanks).

Where i can download the island map?

You should already have it.

Check in the mission editor, select map and look for Greek Island O2 ICW.ter

Its a small map so you should be able to open the entire map.

Edited by Marko

You should already have it.

Check in the mission editor, select map and look for Greek Ireland O2 ICW.ter

Its a small map so you should be able to open the entire map.

Yes, it's there. I've opened it and done an island tour. This is going to be quite the campaign! :gen004:

Yes, it's there. I've opened it and done an island tour. This is going to be quite the campaign! :gen004:

Yes it will.

Its got all the elements I like, including making alliances .

Now the season of good will is drawing to a close, lets get back to doing what mankind does Best. Killing each other. LOL

In the virtual world of course.

CO's, I have received your DZ selections so here they are in no particular order:

UK - NE

Canada - NW

USA - SW

Denmark - SE

So really the only change from the initial setup was that Canada and the USA switched DZ's.

I will now require the CO's to send me their starting locations for their CCP's and FASCAM mission f they want to use it. If not it will remain available until it is used. The regular minefileds will be deployable within your starting deployment zone, so you can move them around prior to the mission starting. No need to tell me where you want them to go. If you don't want to use them right away, just keep them off the map in the water.

Please send me this info by Fri so I can update the mission for Saturday. Thanks!