OPERATION VARIABLE 4

Tacbat

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In which case you are definitely invited to the first Por Pie Pro PE convention. :)

"The First Annual Pork Pie Pro PE Convention?" And all this due to an invitation from the Canucks and Yanks to the Brits and Danes to beat up on each other. This must be a world record for international conflict resolution. We should copyright it, then sell it off to the UN for any number of millions of dollars/pounds/krone. Just think of how many pies we can get for that!! :bigsmile: :drink: :bigsmile:

"The First Annual Pork Pie Pro PE Convention?" And all this due to an invitation from the Canucks and Yanks to the Brits and Danes to beat up on each other. This must be a world record for international conflict resolution. We should copyright it, then sell it off to the UN for any number of millions of dollars/pounds/krone. Just think of how many pies we can get for that!! :bigsmile: :drink: :bigsmile:

We will approach eSim for sponsorship. I'm sure they will be willing to at least cover air fares and accommodation. :clin:

Mission 2 AAR

We had 29 players participate in the second mission of OPV4:

USA: Assassin, Toyguy, Rotar, Optimus_Prime, Connaugh, Tacbat

Canada: Brun, Gibsonm, Tacom, Colebrook, Tango29

UK: Crusty, Dark, TankHunter, Neil, HoggyDog, Tjay, Marko, Hedgehog

Denmark: Volcano, Sean, Gladiator, Duke, Dejawolf, Mr_Burns, SeanP, Mogwa, Lt Dan, Naggarond

Mission run time: 65 min

Starting positions:

2a_zps34c58e18.jpg

Halfway through:

2b_zps26e2a41f.jpg

Ending positions:

2c_zps4fd68c5b.jpg

Misson 2 was a dramatic change from mission 1 which saw an early attack by the UK supported by Denmark. The UK team pushed deep into Canadian territory within the first 10 minutes of the mission, taking groud and destroying Canadian support units. Canada was able to absorb the attack, then slowly couter-attacked and was able to regain their territory by mission end. A combined Danish and UK force attacked the US and did gain some territory, but the US was able to recapture most of it by mission end. Casualties on all sides were high.

Canada was able to regain control over two of its previously owned grid squares, and Denmark retook one of their grid squares.

A very intense and exciting mission!

Do regions change?

Region 4 used to be in DK territory now 4 is USA territory?

Canada is Region 1 and 2?

DK territory now has no region number?

They are arbitrary numbers given by SB (In liu of any user assigned characters) depending on the order TacBat draws the zones on the map.

If Tacbat were to give them names then SB would overwrite the arbitrary numbers.

I don't think anything should be read into this other than Tacbat's favourite colour is red. :)

I am assuming here that Tacbat doesn't have an ulterior motive. :calim:

(DK is number 5)

Do regions change?

Region 4 used to be in DK territory now 4 is USA territory?

Canada is Region 1 and 2?

DK territory now has no region number?

Regions numbers change between each side in the mission editor. The reason they are numbered 1-5 in the screenshot I posted was because these were the only regions in that particular scenario. I saved the mission as a "Temp" scenario with the new boundaries so I could take the screenshot. In the actual scenario, region 2 is actually region 25, 42, 45 & 51 depending on what side you happen to be looking at.

Anyway, it doesn't matter at all since there isn't any scripting based on the regions, so it's all transparent to the players.

I'm curious, how did the amphibious operation work? Last time I checked Canada (or Steel Beasts for the matter) didn't have AAVP-7s ;)
NZ LAV.

Yes, the NZ LAV in SB right now is amphibious. However, IRL this is not the case. This may be corrected in the next update, so if we do get the update before the end of OPV4, Red should confirm this so they don't lose any vehicle unnecessarily. ;)