OPERATION VARIABLE 4

Tacbat

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, that was my section of M1A2's. I crested the rise, took out a Challenger, and then I saw something I have never previously encountered in SB multiplayer: I had surprised an entire platoon of Leo2s at close range from behind. Salivating, I killed one but then got taken out by the UK forces. This was obviously karma for my post a few days ago about the unfavorable kill ratios obtained by the CR2 in a test mission I created.:mad2:

Unfortunately, the US attack out of that southeastern foothold was disjointed. If we could have gotten a second SEP section up with me to guard the north/northeast flank of the movement, we would have done some serious damage.

I think you were a bit unlucky. Personally, I'm surprised that the CR2 ammunition (as currently modelled in SB) was able penetrate the M1A2's armour at that range. An additional 200m would probably have seen you survive OK.

Well, the 1st SEP took 5 hits before succumbing, so I can't really complain. The second one was killed with one shot to the side of the turret, where the armor is certainly not going to resist CHARM3. That's what you get for sticking your head into a bees' nest. Plus, I was crewing the second SEP and, truth be told, I did not even realize my other section vehicle was under fire. With better SA, I might have lived to fight another day with one of my vehicles.

12Alfa?,Are you still in command of Canadian team?

What happened last saturday?

I am on a tasking in the army away for my home. I thought I had the weekends off. Due to weather, storms on both coasts we had issues with the course material timings, and had to be called back into work saterday to re-write some classes for the late arrivials. I am in lock down when on couse, and getting to the internet is difficult.

I'm sorry for the command and playing issues, these are really out of my control when on taskings.

Tango29 will run the last mission for the team.

I'm sure we will win:wink2:, just like the womans and mens Canadian hockey teams over the other countries.:gun:

Would be nice to have at least one Canadian on the team (more than one even better) for the last battle. :)

Hi,

OK, it's official: I'm taking the Canadian lead for Mission 5. I've got the number sheet from Tacbat and will be sorting out the reinforcement issue and other coordination points over the next couple of days. I'll also be contacting Assassin to discuss items of mutual interest.

For all Canadian players: please post a short note here to let me know of your attendance on Mission 5. I will need this (as accurately as possible) as part of the planning process. Thanks! :thumbup:

For all Canadian players: please post a short note here to let me know of your attendance on Mission 5. I will need this (as accurately as possible) as part of the planning process. Thanks! :thumbup:

Well not Canadian by birth, but a “Canadian player“ as in playing on the Canadian side. :)

As per the PM, may not be able to help as I need to be running SB training at Army and if the mission takes a while to load, etc. I may need to either leave part way through, or avoid the temptation of staying to the end (and therefore being late) and just not start.

Well not Canadian by birth, but a “Canadian player“ as in playing on the Canadian side. :)

As per the PM, may not be able to help as I need to be running SB training at Army and if the mission takes a while to load, etc. I may need to either leave part way through, or avoid the temptation of staying to the end (and therefore being late) and just not start.

Rgr. We can take it as it comes. I'll be glad to have you with us for as long as you can be there comfortably, even if only for part of the mission. :)