OPERATION VARIABLE 4

Tacbat

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like the results from the campaign is a draw. I will post an AAR in the days to come to make it official, but in the meantime I would like to thank all the CO's for taking leadership roles, and to Sean for hosting the campaign on the weekend.

For the participants of the campaign, here are your campaign ribbons. It is the standard OPV ribbon with a black "4" in the center on top of the nation's flag that you were representing. The campaign coordinator gets a multicoloured background to represent participating on all sides.

Thanks to all, and feel free to post any AAR suggestions or improvments for a future campaign that you would like to see.

OPV4CC.png.e12223375f5bf2a6d58657fce6491

OPV4Denmark.png.a2743f0ac90b77ea9acc3e5b

OPV4Canada.png.7d7acea65cbbcd7b95e9949ab

OPV4UK.png.0e072148c6067c83817db9c36e91a

OPV4USA.png.4934acaa9ad1306cb8053977f809

OPV4CC.png.e12223375f5bf2a6d58657fce6491

OPV4Denmark.png.a2743f0ac90b77ea9acc3e5b

OPV4Canada.png.7d7acea65cbbcd7b95e9949ab

OPV4UK.png.0e072148c6067c83817db9c36e91a

OPV4USA.png.4934acaa9ad1306cb8053977f809

• Moderators
Looks like the results from the campaign is a draw. I will post an AAR in the days to come to make it official, but in the meantime I would like to thank all the CO's for taking leadership roles, and to Sean for hosting the campaign on the weekend.

For the participants of the campaign, here are your campaign ribbons. It is the standard OPV ribbon with a black "4" in the center on top of the nationa's flag that you were representing. The campaign coordinator gets a multicoloured background to represent participating on all sides.

Thanks to all, and feel free to post any AAR suggestions or improvments for a future campaign that you wouldl like to see.

Sweet, me like the ribbons. :)

It was a fun campaign, thanks for all the work you did coordinating it. Looking forward to OPV5 in a couple of months. ;)

It was a very fun campaign. Thanks for all the effort put into it. I'm bummed I missed the last mission. The only three things that I can think of that were issues were

1. Too many assets on all sides.

2. An asymmetry in capabilities (one side had amphibious assets).

3. The structure of the campaign made it so there were really two sides.

Solutions

1. Reduce the amount of points and available minefields.

2. Give all sides more choices when it comes to vehicles. Perhaps add a mechanic where the sides might have to make certain choices that would have implications during the actual missions or in the strategic realm, which would give you access to certain equipment. For example if you want access to American equipment you can't have an alliance with an insurgent group. If you want German equipment you have to avoid damaging certain protected areas. Etc.

3. Make it so that the sides would have asymmetric objectives. For example you have two main sides whose goal is to take the island, and two insurgent sides whose goal is to take their half of the island. That way there would be more political maneuvering, and in a way more strategic gambles.

Maybe these are just very bad ideas from me.