Tacbat

OPERATION VARIABLE 4

Good set of photos, especially the first one. Up here, moose don't need hunting licences, so they have a fair advantage over those of us who have to qualify! :gun:

Since we are within a few days of the final mission, if an update were to be released before this Sat, we are still going to proceed with SB 3.002.

Those firing ports should make them fear the green team. LoL

Open 2 3!

Out 2 3!

Bang 2 3!

Bang 2 3!

Bang 2 3!

In 2 3!

Close!

Mark,

Thx for your comments: greatly appreciated!

BTW, your PM limit is exceeded and I do have a message for you. :clin:

Since we are within a few days of the final mission, if an update were to be released before this Sat, we are still going to proceed with SB 3.002.

Reminder 3.011 is a no go for tomorrow.

Well, if I had to choose between one or the other, I know which one I would rather attend, but then again I'm biased. ;)

Like many others, I have both installed, so I'm good either way.

Everything is set for tomorrow's conclusion of OPV4. Should be a good one! See those who can make it. 1900Z start time.

Looking forward to it :thumbup:

Looking forward to it :thumbup:

Yep just got home (2130)

Up at 0430

Dressed and at desk 0500

Planning 0600

Need to be in car driving no later than 0730

Resume conducting Steel Beasts training by 0800. :)

3.011 installed in duplicate location. :)

Reminder 3.011 is a no go for tomorrow.[/quote

Good luck all.

I'm between flights and 1/2 way home. Now with 60cm of snow since I left:confused:, getting to my doorstep and driveway might be a issue:mad3:

Looks like the results from the campaign is a draw. I will post an AAR in the days to come to make it official, but in the meantime I would like to thank all the CO's for taking leadership roles, and to Sean for hosting the campaign on the weekend.

For the participants of the campaign, here are your campaign ribbons. It is the standard OPV ribbon with a black "4" in the center on top of the nation's flag that you were representing. The campaign coordinator gets a multicoloured background to represent participating on all sides.

Thanks to all, and feel free to post any AAR suggestions or improvments for a future campaign that you would like to see.

OPV4CC.png.e12223375f5bf2a6d58657fce6491

OPV4Denmark.png.a2743f0ac90b77ea9acc3e5b

OPV4Canada.png.7d7acea65cbbcd7b95e9949ab

OPV4UK.png.0e072148c6067c83817db9c36e91a

OPV4USA.png.4934acaa9ad1306cb8053977f809

OPV4CC.png.e12223375f5bf2a6d58657fce6491

OPV4Denmark.png.a2743f0ac90b77ea9acc3e5b

OPV4Canada.png.7d7acea65cbbcd7b95e9949ab

OPV4UK.png.0e072148c6067c83817db9c36e91a

OPV4USA.png.4934acaa9ad1306cb8053977f809

Looks like the results from the campaign is a draw. I will post an AAR in the days to come to make it official, but in the meantime I would like to thank all the CO's for taking leadership roles, and to Sean for hosting the campaign on the weekend.

For the participants of the campaign, here are your campaign ribbons. It is the standard OPV ribbon with a black "4" in the center on top of the nationa's flag that you were representing. The campaign coordinator gets a multicoloured background to represent participating on all sides.

Thanks to all, and feel free to post any AAR suggestions or improvments for a future campaign that you wouldl like to see.

Sweet, me like the ribbons. :)

It was a fun campaign, thanks for all the work you did coordinating it. Looking forward to OPV5 in a couple of months. ;)

It was a very fun campaign. Thanks for all the effort put into it. I'm bummed I missed the last mission. The only three things that I can think of that were issues were

1. Too many assets on all sides.

2. An asymmetry in capabilities (one side had amphibious assets).

3. The structure of the campaign made it so there were really two sides.

Solutions

1. Reduce the amount of points and available minefields.

2. Give all sides more choices when it comes to vehicles. Perhaps add a mechanic where the sides might have to make certain choices that would have implications during the actual missions or in the strategic realm, which would give you access to certain equipment. For example if you want access to American equipment you can't have an alliance with an insurgent group. If you want German equipment you have to avoid damaging certain protected areas. Etc.

3. Make it so that the sides would have asymmetric objectives. For example you have two main sides whose goal is to take the island, and two insurgent sides whose goal is to take their half of the island. That way there would be more political maneuvering, and in a way more strategic gambles.

Maybe these are just very bad ideas from me.

Tac,

Thanks for coordinating the campaign. It ran well, and I was quite happy to take part. The ribbon designs are a first rate idea. :clin:

I'll have some AAR points for you in the next few days.

Cheers,

T29