Need info on configuring settings for Parties

EMiner

I'm trying to work out how the 'configure' utility works to set Green's attitude towards Red and Blue. There's little useful info in the release notes or here int he forums (nothing in the Wiki as far as I can tell).

This is what I'm trying to do:

I have a buffer zone between Red and Blue forces. Green patrols/guards this zone so that Red and Blue can't get at each other. If Red or Blue cross into the zone I want Green to treat them as an enemy, But, only if they are in the zone. If Red/Blue units leave the zone Green goes back to neutral. How would I go about setting this up?

Thanks

Eric

Eric,

So this “zone” is like a DMZ strip running the length of the map or a bunch of “islands” or …?

If a strip, then over the top of it make a transparent region and label it say “DMZ-Blue”.

Then in the “configure” utility just set up a condition “friendly“ if no Blue units in “DMZ-Blue”.

Then create another zone covering the same area and call it “DMZ-Red” and do exactly the same thing, but for Red.

Ahh...but here's the rub (there usually is one). When I go to the 'configure' utility for Green and click, neutral-if, friendly-if or enemy-if and then either click apply or OK nothing happens. Do I need to do this somewhere else? Am I doing something wrong?

I found how to get the *-if screen to come up. However, I don't see a way to configure game logic to make Red or Blue and enemy if they cross into the DMZ. As has always been the options for units in a region are either "Friendly, Known Enemy or Enemy. But, logic says that Red/Blue aren't an enemy until they cross the line. Am I missing something in my thinking here?

Ssnake when is the new manual being published? :-)

• Members

Manual: It is cursed. Again, an author decided to just jump the ship after half a year of prevarication. I don't want to shift the blame entirely on him, maybe our initial expectations were too high and he underestimated the complexity of the task. But even after we accommodated his requests for a different workflow he bailed out after another two months of supposedly working on it (but then not doing it, as it turned out). I'm currently trying to cajole Al Delaney into taking over this part. Despite his obvious qualifications he seems to attempt to resist my bulldozer charm. :o

What you could do is to create Blue and Red conditions that become true if Blue or Red forces enter the DMZ. You can then reference these conditions being true as the basis to be hostile, and the conditions NOT being true as the basis for "neutral, if..."

At least, that's what I HOPE it will do.