Substitute for C1 Ariete

diavolaccio

Hello, I'm looking for a tank to replace the italian mbt C1 Ariete in game.

I belive the Challenger 2 and the Leo 2 A5 (german version) are the closer options.

Challenger 2 has quite similar shape and somehow similar battle performance,

but different FCS, a rifled gun and is almost 10 tons heavier.

Leo 2 A5 has more similar FCS (even if Ariete share most part of the FCS with the Centauro...) , similar weight and a smoothbore gun,

still the Leo has (IMO) better situational awarness thanks of the TC TIM panel, and pretty different shape.

I'd be really interested to know your opinion/advice

I just realized i posted in the wrong forum section... I apologize ( first post, first mistake :luxhello: )

hi diavolaccio!

to be honest I think the C1 looks like the love-child of a Challenger 2 and a Leopard 2!

I would guess that the Leo is the closer of the two as it has the same gun however I have little knowledge of the performance of the C1 so there may be a better proxy (maybe one of the M1's?)

hi diavolaccio!

to be honest I think the C1 looks like the love-child of a Challenger 2 and a Leopard 2!

I would guess that the Leo is the closer of the two as it has the same gun however I have little knowledge of the performance of the C1 so there may be a better proxy (maybe one of the M1's?)

Most of the tank is biased on the Leo.

Edited by 12Alfa

Yes, and Italy now has about 3,000 troops in Afghanistan, and will

leave 500 to 700 troops in Afghanistan in HERAT after 2014.

Where you been, they have been doing their part with NATO (ISAF):luxhello:

well good for them!im half Italian and was over in Italy a few years ago at Camp Longorea(sp?)its a beautiul country.cant wait to go back....and to see Ireland.