Why won't my Bradley fire?

GROSSMAN

I was playing the guard the lake scenario and had a Bradley covering a road when three T-72s come rolling along. I selected the home key and pushed the space bar and nothing... What are some reasons that might have kept it from firing? I have seen where they might not fire on a slope etc, but this was flat terrain-is there a minimum firing envelope?

I have also had issues with Marders not firing at things right in front of them.

Thanks for any tips- Merry Christmas and Happy Festuvis everyone!

Hi Grossman.

a couple of things that may be causing the TOW issue are:

1) if the TOW launcher is not in the up position, it will not fire, there is a switch located below and to the right of the gunners sight in the interior view for this (or used the shift+q to raise and shift+z to lower the launcher), you can also check in the periscope to the upper left of the sight to see if the launcher is up (or just use the external view)

2) The TOW will only fire if the vehicle is on fairly level ground (+/- 15-20 degrees I think)

as for the marder, the AI for non-crewable PC's and AFV's can be a little squiffy at times, If you really need a vehicle to engage, use a human crewable one.

hope this helps

ps here's a link to the Bradley page on the wiki:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/M2A2

Edited by hoggydog
errors