Dumb ? from a newbie

slayer431

Just got SB last night and there is just the 1 operation 73 Sinai and a single scenario that seems unwinnable ...where do I put the downloadable files ie which folder. Is there other scenarios I am unaware of?? Thanks

Slayer431

If you go into offline section of the main menu you will see the "my scenarios" folder. This is where you scenarios you make are put. Click on the little arrow in order to move up or down the folder tree. There you will see five folders titled as follows:

Classics, click on that and you will see a number of scenarios which are considered classics for the game.

Contest, click on that you will see scenarios made by members of the community which won scenario contests held in the past. They are very good.

Demos, click on that and you will see scenarios made by Esim which highlight different aspects of SBPE like crossing rivers, or minefields.

Multi, click on that and you will find multiplayer scenarios rated as very high.

Single, click on that and these are single player scenarios that come with the game.

Hope this helps.

Downloadable scenarios can be put in your "my scenarios" folder or in a folder you create under that folder. For example, I created a folder under "my scenarios" folder called "Community Downloads."

And, of course, you can download lots more scenarios from the 'Downloads' section of this site. The location of the'My Scenarios' folder seems to differ between versions of Windows but unlike many games it is never in the folder that holds the main programme. In W7 you will find it in Documents/My Documents/eSim games/Steel Beasts.

thanks so very much as I was playing that one scenario over and over.

I figured as much. This is an excellent armored simulation. It is so scalable in terms of difficulty and size of scenarios played. There are some real gems in those folders and of course the community scenarios are many and varied. You never get bored. When you get a chance, check out the mission editor. You can create anything to your hearts content. Have fun in your exploration. :drink:

I figured as much. This is an excellent armored simulation. It is so scalable in terms of difficulty and size of scenarios played. There are some real gems in those folders and of course the community scenarios are many and varied. You never get bored. When you get a chance, check out the mission editor. You can create anything to your hearts content. Have fun in your exploration. :drink:

Are they playable with the latest Steel Beast Pro PE missions designed for earlier versions of the simulator?

• Members
Are they playable with the latest Steel Beast Pro PE missions designed for earlier versions of the simulator?

Depends a bit HOW FAR you go back. SOME Steel Beasts 1 scenarios from 2002 and earlier may require modification in order to run as originally intended. Also, due to changes in the various vehicles' damage models and ammunition performance parameters the balance of scenarios may shift from one version to the other.

But in principle they should all run, yes. :)