Slovenian Defense Day

Falconeer

Hello,

I have a question about this scenario. I recently downloaded it, because I wanted to play some t-72 scenarios.

But every time, I'm getting awarded with a "major defeat" in the end and I don't know exactly why. All of my tanks survive and most of my pc's too.

It's mostly my infantry which get thinned out a little, but most of them survive :c:

Question is, what am I doing wrong in this scenario? Was hoping that someone could enlight me a bit

Here is the briefing:

Slovenian Defense Day.sce

SLOVENIAN DEFENSE

Yugoslav Army units are attacking the newly independent republic of Slovenia. Lead your T-72M1 platoon in stopping the attack.

SITUATION, STRATEGIC: Slovenia has been the first state to break away from Yugoslavia, which is invading Slovenia in response to its declaration of independence. Yugoslav Army (JNA) units are entering this sector and are likely to engage this morning. Slovenia units consist of defected JNA units and activated Guard units. JNA units consist of regular JNA units, which have been hastily transported to the theater from Serbia.

SITUATION, OWN: A front line has been assembled based on holding village crossroads. Company B and C are Guard infantry units holding their respective base villages. Company A is covering one of the roads leading into the sector. The areas on the right and left of the sector are held by other units. Company D (your command has been activated and is entering the sector from the south. There is no friendly artillery or air cover available. Due to arrangements of units in the area, this sector has a large void of forces in the center that is likely to attract an enemy attack.

SITUATION, ENEMY: JNA units have established a FLOB as shown on the map. We suspect they their recon units have detected the wedge in this sector and will attack into the wedge to open up the front. We suspect supporting attacks to establish the shoulders of the wedge, and then a powerful thrust down the center. JNA units have just come off road march from Serbia and may attack hastily to gain surprise. JNA support may be spotty due to the rapid nature of this conflict. Yugoslav Air Force participation has only been strategic and is not expected in this area. JNA helicopters have been observed only for special operations in rear areas and are not expected to be assisting directly with ground forces.

MISSION: We suspect JNA units will attack down the roads in the sector with the aim of securing a corridor in the center. Our goal is to hold the soldiers of the wedge, then attack into the flank of the main thrust when it appears. Your unit is to support this effort in all ways feasible. Your mission requirements are:

1. Assist Company C in maintaining their vital position. Provide them with support and prevent them from being pushed out of their village or being cut off.

2. Assist other forces in the sector as available. Use the road network to quickly move to support Companies A and B.

3. Attrite any large hostile attack by attacking in the flanks, preferably from Company C's position.

SUPPORT: There is no artillery or air support available to this sector at this time. Companies B and C have supplies that you can access.

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL. DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS CONFLICT, BOTH SIDES ARE USING ROUGHLY THE SAME EQUIPMENT AND HAVE THE SAME UNIFORMS. CAREFULLY CHECK YOUR TARGET BEFORE ENGAGING

Well you say all your tanks survive. That is indeed on objective met and most of your PCs too. That one is really out of your control since they are not controllable but...when I've played it I would win if I was more aggressive and destroyed more of their tanks and PCs...maybe that is what you are not doing enough, destroying more of their tanks and PCs in order to save more of yours. Just a guess of course.