delta6

Irritating TC..

Do you have the same irritating tc that I have?? As the bad guys just get within range,and you are peady to pop a turret then the TC says target tank,and takes you off of your current target you are about to shoot.:mad:.Now you are stuck with relasing,leading and shooting that tank,when he pops out with target tank and takes you away from your current target to another one.:mad:..I have found myself saying out loud shut the f up,you freaking idiot and push f8,and saying you shoot the damned thing you stupid ass.!!!:mad3:

Well either:

A: Be the Crew Commander and use the extension to be a proxy gunner or

B: Use the "T" key (assuming you haven't played with the key mapping) to tell the Commander you already have a target.

I sense a need for two new keys...

One key to allow a human TC to reach down and beat on his AI gunner until he wakes up, and another to allow a human gunner to turn around and sock his AI TC in the crotch to get him to take a hike for ten minutes.

:ANI_DI:

One key to allow a human TC to reach down and beat on his AI gunner until he wakes up, and another to allow a human gunner to turn around and sock his AI TC in the crotch to get him to take a hike for ten minutes.

Nice Idea ....you must be a RL tanker .... :-)

The closest I got was climbing around inside a pretty stripped down M60A1.

But I did work the night shift for a private security company for a while. Occasionally I'd have a partner in the passenger (or driver) seat that I would need to whack to get him to wake up (or shut up).

No, Real life tanker would know that you don't bend down...a simple kick in the back will do the trick.

But use with caution: Doing that to often, might tempt the gunner swing his head(+helmet) backwards...causing you to speak an octave higher

But seriously folks.... As a single human player has to act as gunner AND tank commander, I suggest the gunner/TC be allowed to chose the ammo regardless of which position he is occupying at the time. How about a 'virtual latching switch' which would ensure that the ammo selected continued to be loaded until the gunner/TC decided otherwise?

I must reluctantly state that this in not my idea but Dark Angel's. Sadly, he is so busy with new SB models that he hasn't time to post here. :wink2:

Tjay, honestly I think that's a feature that would be nice to have as an option even if you are a human TC with a human gunner. I've done a few scenarios as a company CO or platoon leader and it would have been great if my gunner had been able to tell the loader and driver what to do while I was in the F5 view.

Edit:

And it's not just AI tank commanders who can be annoying.

To quote one of my friends: "Keep your finger off the override button and up your nose where it belongs! If you do that one more time I'll find my own tank!"

I had just (accidentally) pulled him off of a T-55 he was going to shoot a second time (it wasn't dead yet) to get him to blast a BMP that was just 'squaring up' to launch a missile at us. As soon as I let go of the override he went back to the T-55 while yelling at me and then we got whacked by an AT-3. And he blamed that on me too, lol!

Edited by Maj.Hans

Well if its in as an option fine, but please don't make it compulsory.

I've done a few scenarios as a company CO or platoon leader and it would have been great if my gunner had been able to tell the loader and driver what to do while I was in the F5 view.

Well an appropriate "tactic" can be helpful here but there is little to replace the "crew brief" process used in reality.

Of course in reality you are required to switch back and forth between #d and @D worlds but again the orders you give your subordinates before you are in the fight should help that.

To quote one of my friends: "Keep your finger off the override button and up your nose where it belongs! If you do that one more time I'll find my own tank!"

I had just (accidentally) pulled him off of a T-55 he was going to shoot a second time (it wasn't dead yet) to get him to blast a BMP that was just 'squaring up' to launch a missile at us. As soon as I let go of the override he went back to the T-55 while yelling at me and then we got whacked by an AT-3. And he blamed that on me too, lol!

Well I'll leave the insubordination in the first sentence alone. :)

Basically though if you are the Commander its your call (after all you command the vehicle).

Yes "it depends", yes it can be a judgement call and varies with crew skills, but its never a discussion group as to which target you engage next.

If you deem the BMP is the biggest risk, then "from my position" and engage with the sight extension.

If the gunner doesn't like it, that's his problem.

Yes I know many play this as a game. ;)

And to that end again can I recommend you use the "T" key when you are the gunner and want to ignore the Commander.

From the Wiki:

T: Identified! Tells the TC that you have located a target and that you are going to engage it. Essentially it tells the AI TC to leave you alone while you engage and forbids the AI from overriding you to another target. Use at your own risk.

The mix-up on the BMP was, IIRC, because he didn't understand what I was seeing and why I thought that the APC with the "tiny little gun" was a bigger threat than the T-55.

When I saw it stop and then point both hull and turret directly at me, I immediately knew that it was setting up for a missile shot. He, at that time, didn't understand the threat.

The mix-up on the BMP was, IIRC, because he didn't understand what I was seeing and why I thought that the APC with the "tiny little gun" was a bigger threat than the T-55.

When I saw it stop and then point both hull and turret directly at me, I immediately knew that it was setting up for a missile shot. He, at that time, didn't understand the threat.

Well, that is when as a crew commander, you say:

"Shoot the BMP! Not the T-55!!"

And then when/if you survived both engagements, you explain the bigger risk the BMP has over the T-55.

Also to further expand on Gibsonm's comments.

The "I" key tells the AI TC to give you a new target/relay onto the current target.

And a third to allow the human gunner to override the TC ammo selection.

Tjay, honestly I think that's a feature that would be nice to have as an option even if you are a human TC with a human gunner. I've done a few scenarios as a company CO or platoon leader and it would have been great if my gunner had been able to tell the loader and driver what to do while I was in the F5 view.

If you have a joystick which allows you to programme macros to a single button you can stay in the gunners position with High Mag selected and determine what type of round gets loaded next. Just a quick screen flicker when you press the button :)

Well, that is when as a crew commander, you say:

"Shoot the BMP! Not the T-55!!"

And then when/if you survived both engagements, you explain the bigger risk the BMP has over the T-55.

Also to further expand on Gibsonm's comments.

The "I" key tells the AI TC to give you a new target/relay onto the current target.

He was a VERY new gunner. If I told him that, he would ask "What's a BMP and what's a T-55?". It wasn't a big deal since I was just giving him an idea of what Pro PE was like.

(Edit: He's much better now. To the point where he's correctly identifying Soviet vehicles and not questioning me if I override him to a new target.)

And a third to allow the human gunner to override the TC ammo selection.

I'd like to see it available any time a human gunner has an AI TC, of if a human TC enables it as an option. Perhaps it could be an option through the menu bar at the top of the screen. "Enable Gunner Override" perhaps. And if possible, a second separate one for the driving commands.

Make it a key combo, kinda like how we use a key combo to transfer ammunition.

Perhaps tapping O+INS once tells the loader "Load Sabot next time!" and tapping it twice tells him to reload Sabot right now.

Disable the AI TC's ability to order an ammunition switch until the human gunner leaves the gunner's seat or presses "I". With a human TC, the next time he presses one of the ammo keys we assume that he's just told everybody "Shut up! Fire Fire HEAT!"