Rolling Thunder: Operation Rising Bear

Gibsonm

Don't know how I missed this (away most of last week, which may account for it), but I've got my copy downloaded and printed now. I'll be using it during RT on Saturday (my time!), of that you can be sure. Thanks, Mark and Tac197, for putting this together! :luxhello:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT and enabling commanders have received responses to their plan back briefs and Request for Further Information (RFIs).

You need to incorporate that guidance into your current planning before H hour.

Note that most Missions require co-ord (and hence talking) between CT commanders.

Whilst I'd like to get some sleep on the night in question, I can get up earlier to conduct a final co-ord / synch conference with CT Comds and Key enablers (i.e. those whose names are in bold in the manning list), but ....

1. I'll be pi**ed if only half of you are there and

2. I'll be really pi**ed is one of you who wasn't there starts asking questions that were resolved at the conference. ;)

If it were to happen, do people need an hour pre H to discuss this stuff?

Would prefer not to do it after kick off as those who turned up to participate would be twiddling their thumbs waiting for us.

Edited by Gibsonm

OPERATION RISING BEAR

FRAGO 1 TO OPERATIONS ORDER - NATO RESPONSE FORCE BATTLE GROUP (NRF BG - "BG ARMINIUS") 1/14

Time Zone: BRAVO used throughout (Zulu + 2, Ukraine local time)

Situation -No Change.

Mission - No Change.

Execution

Groupings and tasks:

Phase 1: No Change.

Phase 2: No Change.

Phase 3:

13393129393_b50ca8e47b_o.png

Recce Sqn:

- Screen BG Advance

- Advance to contact from current location to BHL

- On Contact

Destroy RusFed Recce assets

Move to Flanks

- Provide Flank protection to BG

German CT "CT ACHILLES": No Change

Canadian CT "CT HECTOR": No Change

US CT "CT ODYSSEUS": No Change

UK CT "CT PERSEUS":

- BG Reserve

- Travel 10 mins behind Canadian CT

- Re-Occupy position on BHL

- LOE is BHL

- Be prepared to reinforce CT ACHILLES or CT ODYSSEUS as required.

- Be prepared to exploit as required.

ZSU CT: No Change

CT PEGASUS: No Change

Supporting Concepts – Engr Support

- Be prepared to spt breaching operations by CT ACHILLES and CT ODYSSEUS as required.

- Be prepared to support CT PERSEUS on order

Phase 4: No Change

Admin and Log: No Change

Command and Sig: No Change

Ack.

CT and enabling commanders have received responses to their plan back briefs and Request for Further Information (RFIs).

You need to incorporate that guidance into your current planning before H hour.

Note that most Missions require co-ord (and hence talking) between CT commanders.

Whilst I'd like to get some sleep on the night in question, I can get up earlier to conduct a final co-ord / synch conference with CT Comds and Key enablers (i.e. those whose names are in bold in the manning list), but ....

1. I'll be pi**ed if only half of you are there and

2. I'll be really pi**ed is one of you who wasn't there starts asking questions that were resolved at the conference. ;)

If it were to happen, do people need an hour pre H to discuss this stuff?

Would prefer not to do it after kick off as those who turned up to participate would be twiddling their thumbs waiting for us.

Don't think I can make it early. 1800Z is the earliest time I can ensure(or better:hope) the kids are sleeping. No chance at 1700Z

What would be nice If I can get the CTs requests for fire support a little bit before hand, so I can plan my stuff...(where to position the FOs and where to plan FM for example)

Is attrition a factor in this game? Say if a CT gets completely wiped out on Phase One, does that mean they are gone for good? Or do we have replacements?

Well its very hard for me to foretell the future and say "The US CT will suffer 50% cas in Mission 1" and build Mission 2 accordingly.

Esp. if the US CT suffers no losses on the night and then suddenly in Mission 2 finds out its at 50%.

So the easiest, "fairest" option is to use the time gaps between missions to make good any losses.

An alternate approach is to just have one long mission with the losses accruing but then:

a. There are issues with the "save mission" feature like the clock / lighting reverts to the original mission settings. and

b. This would require Red (and other nations) to be massively scripted to accommodate whatever the end state of the previous mission is.

The several discrete scenarios means that the time issue is addressed and we can script other nations to react to a known Blue start point.

Hi

Just to let you know I will be participating in this with CT Perseus the guys in UK Armour are aware.

Thanks for all your teams hard work in putting this together.:luxhello:

Thats good.

Any chance you can put this posting in the "manning" thread and perhaps PM Hoggydog so he can work out where he wants to put you?

Absolute final map updates completed.

Mission 1:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggg47de9p5wt042/Rolling%20Thunder%20Mission%201.sce

Mission 2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07u591ufr5m659u/Rolling%20Thunder%20Mission%202.sce

Mission 3:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lop8kzt3o5wvqy/Rolling%20Thunder%20Mission%203.sce

Mission 4:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sylbabngqd7ysm/Rolling%20Thunder%20Mission%204.sce

These are the files we will use, so please download fresh copies of them and put them into (for Windows 7 users):

C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\My Scenarios\downloads

That way you wont spend a heap of time trying to download them off the PzBtl 911 server all at once.

Also for those after the skins, OPORD, Battle Book, etc these are all at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/04ddqflxtrvqbvc/g1jeFqFyzt

D u k e , Falli: Can you please replace whatever you may have put on the server already with these fresh files?

OPERATION RISING BEAR

FRAGO 2 TO OPERATIONS ORDER - NATO RESPONSE FORCE BATTLE GROUP (NRF BG - "BG ARMINIUS") 1/14

Time Zone: BRAVO used throughout (Zulu + 2, Ukraine local time)

Situation -No Change.

Mission - No Change.

Execution

Groupings and tasks:

Phase 1: No Change.

Phase 2:

13394902893_22e538022f_o.png

Recce Sqn:

- Maintain screen

- Deny RusFed situational awareness of redeployment of German and US CTs

- Report on RusFed advance

- On order break contact and withdraw North to establish new screen vicinity 15 Northing to screen ZSU reorg.

- On break contact withdraw one call sign South West to screen UK CT’s withdrawal.

- Assist with shaping where possible

German CT "CT ACHILLES": No Change.

Canadian CT "CT HECTOR": No Change.

US CT "CT ODYSSEUS": No Change.

UK CT "CT PERSEUS": No Change.

CT PEGASUS: No Change.

Main effort: No Change.

Supporting Effort(s): No Change.

Phase 3: No Change.

Phase 4: No Change

Admin and Log: No Change

Command and Sig: No Change