Who has terrain file editing tools?

jebs

I would like to have a terrain file that is part of the default installation edited to remove all of the existing roads, and also to make it a bit smaller. Is there any one that can do this? It has a great many roads & it would be a long process to delete them individually.

Thanks,

jebs

I estimate about 6 hours....many of the roads are about 30 meters long, & there are about 4,000 of them. Is there a way to mass-select every road on the map & delete them all while zoomed out? I would also like to move the SW corner to the NE & save it as a new .ter file.

Well the Navmesh "issue" only arises after you have selected the sub set of the terrain for your map.

If the terrain file is 100 x 100km and you choose a map that's a 10 x 10km sub section, the navmesh is built on the 10 x 10 portion that you are actually using.

To put it as simply as possible, the navmesh is only created for the region bordered in black that you choose in the "pick map" stage.

Edited by Gibsonm

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update........... I finally finished editing my 22 x 22 km section of this map. Wow... I was very far off in my original estimate. I used a program that tracked mouse clicks & I ended up with around 17,487k mouse clicks just to delete the roads in that area. I found that some roads were actually roads on top of roads.....In some cases, 4 roads would be laid on top of each other. My total time just to delete the roads was about 14 hours. I did get lucky early on & notice that if you hold the delete key down before you click, it removes the road.