Friday the 13th 08

CalAB

My first plunge into MMO SBPro PE style last Friday night was a blast. I learned that during the planning phase of the game it’s possible to move units around in a deployment zone, set up way points and draw out battle plans on the map; real cool. After experimenting with this feature I discovered that you can also move bunkers and vehicle emplacements around in the DZ as well (I wish you could do this with mine fields too).

This feature obviously creates endless attack/defense scenario possibilities for multi player and I’m guessing that it could even work for games against the AI.

Question; when I take lead in a platoon can I jump to the last unit in line and break off from that platoon allowing total control over that unit for myself or is this considered verboten or impossible unless unit is given to me by the CO/XO? I had no control over a lot of stuff lol.

Yep I had fun and I’ll be back for more.

Salute.

Posted by CalAB

My first plunge into MMO SBPro PE style last Friday night was a blast.

It's not a MMO. And I'm not certain about the answer to your question, but it's great to hear you've taken your first step into the Friday games! I'm curious about something: What handle were you using in last Friday's games?

P.S. Why did you use Friday the 13th:men_ani: for the subject of your thread?:confused: Not that I suffered on that day, aside from the curtailed round in which I stunk.

I said “MMO SBPro SB style” I ass_u_me that 14 players is more or less massive for SB on a Friday night. As far as the title block goes there’s no special meaning, it’s just a heading.

My call sign is ShiftZ and I’ll be showing up for as many games at that time of the week as my schedule will allow for. I hope that I don’t lose complete control over my platoon again though. By end game I was JAFO.

That was a tough map. There are a few spots where if you’re not 100% on the road your units get hung up bad.

Posted by CalAB

I said “MMO SBPro SB style”

Okay, my mistake.:oops: (Dangit, I've got to stop jumping!)

Posted by CalAB

I ass_u_me that 14 players is more or less massive for SB on a Friday night.

Actually, 14 players is about average for a TGIF game. Keep working, and you'll be able to handle a platoon. I handled 2 platoons at the same time last Friday (1/Charlie and 2/Charlie), and got them where TankHunter wanted them. But it takes time, and a company command is even tougher. I've handled a company before, and even with an XO helping, it's a lot of micro. 1 last question: What does JAFO stand for?

Actually the loss of control over my platoon was handled at either the XO’s or CO’s position, as in someone took it away from me lol. I have no problems with multiple platoons or company sized structures. A friend and I play this sim religiously. We’ve put together all kinds of scenarios. We both are addicted to the gunner’s position however so TC subtleties are in the works. JAFO is short for “just another flipping(ß this could be a different word) observer”.

Posted by CalAB

I have no problems with multiple platoons or company sized structures.

My mistake, again. I wonder how often SNAFUs like this happen to the other, more experienced members.

Posted by CalAB

We’ve put together all kinds of scenarios.

I sure wish I could put together a scenario, but modding and me just don't agree.:frown: I've been trying to get some old scenarios from a older version of a game called DropTeam on my computer with its current version, but no luck. I suspect the scenario files are for the Linux release (the guy who donated them to me usually runs DropTeam on a Linux). You can look me look me up on the Battlefront forums if you want. I'm known there as 152mmDumbRocket. Unlike in this game, I'm a bit of a legend there.:biggrin:

Posted by CalAB

We both are addicted to the gunner’s position however so TC subtleties are in the works. JAFO is short for “just another flipping(ß this could be a different word) observer”.

You're not the only who's addicted to gunning.:gun: And thanks for clearing up JAFO.

"

My mistake, again. I wonder how often SNAFUs like this happen to the other, more experienced members."

SNAFU? Like Friday when I went to the gun sight and my joy stick wasn't working? No power to the cordless receiver! If I hunt around with the wires behind the computer I am 90% sure I'll pull out my lame cat5 connection and completely drop. I went w/o stick hoping the A.I. would do as well or better than my (5+ years experience) shooting. Wrong. My skills at mouse aiming are no good anymore either. I was already dead and didn't even know it... Sorry I lost the west flank, guys.

"I sure wish I could put together a scenario, but modding and me just don't agree.:frown: I've been trying to get some old scenarios from a older version of a game called DropTeam on my computer with its current version, but no luck. "

Get on TeamSpeak on a week night and politely ask "Dark"

SNAFU? Like Friday when I went to the gun sight and my joy stick wasn't working? No power to the cordless receiver! If I hunt around with the wires behind the computer I am 90% sure I'll pull out my lame cat5 connection and completely drop. I went w/o stick hoping the A.I. would do as well or better than my (5+ years experience) shooting. Wrong. My skills at mouse aiming are no good anymore either. I was already dead and didn't even know it... Sorry I lost the west flank, guys.

I think blue did good all things being equal. That map sucked big time and red looked like it knew exactly just where to place arty based on the non displayed stream that fubared several platoons. I saliute my team leaders and look forward to dying with them again mwahahahahahahah. Look out red, we on the way.

The best would have been to wait for reccie to show up. Take up defensive positions supporting the village and launch a counter attack after counting their dead. Let them run afowl of the map.