CodeMeter error: Please ensure your CM stack is securely in a USB port.

Buzpilot

I don't understand why this has to be so unbelivable impossible, it clearly says I have ' 1 CmContainer connected' but SB refuse to find it.

And;

Your installed CodeMeter Runtime does not support direct activation using Websockets. Please update your CodeMeter Runtime and make sure that Websockets are turned on. Alternatively, you can choose Activation using Java/ActiveX or Offline Activation.

Error Code = 0x18088007

Why do I get this, with Codemeter 5.10a

And even more trying to activate Offline, your guide tell it's so f'ing easy, just follow the wizzard. BUT wizzard asks for FirmCode, and there is no place this name is mentioned elsewhere, so what do I do? Is it same as serial on Firmware or version number? Impossible to know, unless I know the same as the guy writing the workaround.

Very disapointing so far, and I payed 115$ for this very annoying experience.

Well I suspect one of the support guys will be along soon but in the meantime ...

You mentioned you have paid $115 so I presume you bought a permanent license (not a time limited one)?

If that's the case and its setup correctly you should in fact see "2 CmContainers connected" when the USB stick is connected.

One is for the permanent license and one is for the time limited.

If you bought a permanent one you get both containers on the one stick. Perhaps counter intuitive, but that's the way it is.

So based on that and the fact that the software can't find the permanent container, I guess there is an issue somewhere with the activation process.

Not a solution, I know, but it may help localise the issue.

Edited by Gibsonm

Your post doesn't make it completely clear, so I figure I'll ask just to be certain: You have actually received your CmStick and plugged it into a USB port?

If so, to make sure your CmStick is actually being detected: When you open the CodeMeter Control Center with your CmStick plugged in there should be two devices listed when on the License tab. One should be the actual stick, and the other a "virtual" stick labled ESIMGAMES (which is used for the time-limited licenses.)

If the CmStick doesn't show up, there's either a hardware issue, or a more complex software one that a real support person will have to help you with.

If it is showing up, good! :) In that case, I'd open the activation link you were emailed with Internet Explorer, which has built-in ActiveX support, so you don't have to worry about Java plugin issues.

• Members
it clearly says I have ' 1 CmContainer connected' but SB refuse to find it.

The CodeMeter runtime does unfortunately not distinguish between "No CM stick plugged in" and "CM stick plugged in, but missing the license". The catch-all error text is "CM stick not plugged in", but in your case it has the second meaning (license is missing).

Your installed CodeMeter Runtime does not support direct activation using Websockets. Please update your CodeMeter Runtime and make sure that Websockets are turned on. Alternatively, you can choose Activation using Java/ActiveX or Offline Activation.

Error Code = 0x18088007

Why do I get this, with Codemeter 5.10a

To be honest, I don't know. I would suspect that it is a matter of your browser's security settings. Since the web depot is a secure (https) connection, I recommend to adjust the browser's settings (just for visiting the web depot page).

Which broswer do you use? Can you use another one?

(I for example have two installed, and use the other one which I don't like very much in those cases where my preferred browser won't load a page properly. It happens. The easy days of HTML 2.0 are long gone.)

And even more trying to activate Offline, your guide tell it's so f'ing easy, just follow the wizzard. BUT wizzard asks for FirmCode, and there is no place this name is mentioned elsewhere, so what do I do?

You're right, the description doesn't mention this. I shall have the text for new license emails amended. In any case, the firmcode you're looking for is: 100146

Is it same as serial on Firmware or version number?

It's neither, actually. Not sure if you're interested in the technical background, but here goes: The CM stick can hold up to 1000 different software licenses from up to 300 different software vendors. In order to prevent that one vendor A can accidentally, or with malicious intent, issue software licenses for some other vendor B's software, each software vendor is given a similar CM stick from Wibu Systems so that he can only issue software licenses for himself. This "vendor ID" unfortunately is inconsistently also called "firm code" in some parts of the CodeMeter software.

eSim Games' vendor ID is 100146.

I'm sorry that you had a bad start, but I hope that I could give you a few pointers how to remedy the situation. Please feel free to contact me anytime for direct and personal support (you can reach me under my forum name, "sales", and "comments" (@eSimGames.com)).

Turns out it was probably my extra firewall inside Avast! virusprogram, Internet Protection, the connection to 127.0.0.1 gave me a clue, so it wasn't just a browser or dongle problem.

Sorry for my somewhat agressive attitude in first post, but this was a hard nut to solve.

• Members

We've taken this as a hint to finally do something about some of the error messages (though it turned out that the "please make sure that your stick is plugged in" message (when the CM runtime just wants to say that it couldn't locate a license) actually falls into our responsibility, not Wibu Systems'). Unfortunately that means some additional localization workload, so it won't make it into the coming update, and as I understand it it's "relatively easy" to do ... but will still require some programming effort that can't be spent on other things.

Well, there's nothing like a free lunch in software development.