M1's return

12Alfa

Thanks for the info Damian, seen the setups a lot for the desert sandboxes, but not used to seeing these tanks in green with the TUSK packages.

CROWS II for reference.

Seems to be the symbology from the CROWS II, crew sees another vehicles TOW going into target, hits it with machine gun using the RWS.

More RWS symbology shown.

Just surprised to see it in Europe.

Wow - that brings back memories of driving the M2A2 on and off those rail cars. It looks as tight as I remember. I also remember holding my sleeping bag up behind an M1 to dry it out on one cold and wet winter field exercise. It worked really well and I was thankful that the tankers we willing to run the engine for a few minutes :-)

@dta delta

However it seems that there are attempts to find a more elegant solution than CROWS.

otvaga2004_chobitok_12.jpg

This seems to be a technology demonstrator of ICWS cupola with remotely controlled stabilized machine gun mount, similiar to SCWS cupola for M1A1's. They probably will call it SICWS. :)

It also seems it uses optics similiar or same as CROWS.

*drooling at Damian's photo*

Imagine that commanders cupola remote weapons system with a stabilized .50cal, a standard RWS with 40mm grenade launcher operated by the loader, along with another .50cal for the gunner to use.

Would be a lot of firepower for urban fighting, and a lot of magnified thermal/optical sights for situation awareness.

5aa31e31001e4844a2430097a5dd515c-d3a9y1w.png

58101a6c1a9c7a7e7063d482a7cff946-d3a9yr6.png

3009-2.jpg

m1a1_details_222_of_435.jpg

m1a1_details_221_of_435.jpg

Interesting how war experience changes a fighting vehicle.

@dta delta

However it seems that there are attempts to find a more elegant solution than CROWS.

otvaga2004_chobitok_12.jpg

This seems to be a technology demonstrator of ICWS cupola with remotely controlled stabilized machine gun mount, similiar to SCWS cupola for M1A1's. They probably will call it SICWS. :)

It also seems it uses optics similiar or same as CROWS.

Very Nice