Middle east walls

Buzpilot

Is it possible to make objects or is it skin only?

I notice the Map editor have nice walls for army bases, or european walls, but not any walls for desert areas. They are very common because they block the sand on windy days, and sandstorms ofc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12781&stc=1&d=1391565353

The european walls seems out of place, and too low.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12782&stc=1&d=1391545160

56e83cfcca601_Realafghancompounds.jpg.f5

56e83cfccfd49_Afghancompound.jpg.caf5181

56e83cfcca601_Realafghancompounds.jpg.f5

56e83cfccfd49_Afghancompound.jpg.caf5181

Squinting gives you crow's feet.

SS_21_24_34.jpg

That's a stock texture, but they are skinnable (barriers.dds) if that's not Middle east enough for you.

They are ok, but those walls should been at least 2m high, so it will be like seeing through walls :)

More realistic walls, and It would maybe be worth the time to build up some smaller villages.

Squinting gives you crow's feet.

Yeah, sorry about that, I could have used photobucket too, but tried with the 700 pixel limit here, I'll remember to use better next time :)

I said: "Squinting gives you crow's feet."

You said:

Yeah, sorry about that, I could have used photobucket too, but tried with the 700 pixel limit here, I'll remember to use better next time :)

lol. Sorry. That was just a goofy attempt at humor aimed at the colonel's shared advice to "squint harder."

Yes, sorry based on the number of posts you have made that is probably an "in" joke.

Many use "squint harder" to imagine that that something that isn't quite right actually is.

For example, superficially vehicles driving across grassy plains would leave marks, but squint harder and in your mind's eye they appear.

So in your example yes the walls aren't perfect but if you squint harder they are "OK" and its much better than all the angst trying to get them "fixed" at the expense of everybody else's personal "must fix" item. :)

That sort of thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, sorry based on the number of posts you have made that is probably an "in" joke.

Many use "squint harder" to imagine that that something that isn't quite right actually is.

For example, superficially vehicles driving across grassy plains would leave marks, but squint harder and in your mind's eye they appear.

So in your example yes the walls aren't perfect but if you squint harder they are "OK" and its much better than all the angst trying to get them "fixed" at the expense of everybody else's personal "must fix" item. :)

That sort of thing.

Hi, sorry for late answer, I'm not that good in english, so I asumed it meant something else.:c:

But I'm surprised you or sombody at all would think it's just ok to imagine things, when it's relative easy to solve.

It's not like this is a game for 6 year old kids.

But I'm surprised you or sombody at all would think it's just ok to imagine things, when it's relative easy to solve.

Well if "fixing" the walls means something else is delayed I'm not too worried about a wall.

Its a barrier, perhaps affords some cover and maybe an obstacle. I'm not too worried what it looks like.

It's not like this is a game for 6 year old kids.

Couldn't agree more.

But again my job is to work with a team who is focused on getting gunners to get "steel on target" and for junior to mid range commanders to make effective plans.

Again most in that audience have better things to focus on then a wall. :)

...and It would maybe be worth the time to build up some smaller villages.

Don't be discouraged about building your map still. As you are already aware, you can modify the skin for the European wall. Also, who knows, maybe eventually the wall you desire will become available. If and when that day comes, you can simply swap the European walls from your map, with the more preferable one, with a few clicks of a button in the editor.

Edited by Scrapper_511
grammar