TGIF 2014: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

That's the last time I ever use those junk tracks. Gunners sight is a turret wall and the damn things are only good for running over enemy dismounts or eating enemy sabot rounds as sacrificial lambs for the tanks. JUNK! YOU HEAR ME? JUNK!!!! :gun:

Ok, it's out of my system. At least I did lots of damage with the dismounts...except against the T-72s. Hit 'em in the rear and all I did was piss them off. Watched some YouTube videos of insurgents killing T-72s with front and side hits and wondering WHAT THE $#&@!!!

Ok, that one is also over with. Good thing I had lots of enemy dismounts to shoot at :)

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well there's a whole bunch of "it depends" stuff there.

No a Warrior isn't a Bradley, but its a damn sight better than a M113.

Similarly not all RPGs are created equal, so the ones on YouTube might be RPG-29s and today you might have RPG-7Vs (or did you have AT-4s or Pzf or something else?).

It really is a case of looking at the vehicle type / weapons you have and adjusting how you play accordingly. :)

Or if you really only want to drive Bradleys - have a look at what is in the mission and if there are no Bradleys then don't play that mission.

Edited by Gibsonm
Typo

• Moderators

Warriors aren't too bad against BMPs, and are extremely effective against BTRs, which is what they were made for. But as with anything, it depends on how you use them, they take as much skill to use effectively as T tanks.

I am reluctant to adjust anything in the scenario too, because it came down to the a handful of vehicles on both sides.

• Moderators

5 DEC scenario:

Convoy Ops 01-3011c

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

Whoops, I noticed that the first scenario I posted was older, so I updated it. I think only one person downloaded it before I did this, so you will have to get it again.

This scenarios clearly has one side that is technologically superior to the other, but that low tech side greatly outnumbers them, and has superior information (enemy map updates), and time is against the technologically superior side as well. This should theoretically balance it out nicely, but there are a lot of variables to consider and of course it may require some tweaks for balance after it is played.

Edited by Volcano

Then I was better off with Molotov cocktails!

Right, not in SB :P.

Not sure what equipment I had last night as I've never used Brits nor Germans before.

I f I had to choose betwen LAW or Molotov cocktail...LAW all the time.

200m standoff is much better then no standoff.

Molotov? Only if there is no enemy Inf. around.

And that depends on the tactical abilities of OPFOR (IRL or H2H in SB) or how good the scenario scripter was.

• Moderators

Yep, I fixed that, and also updated the scenario a great deal. I added about 20 minutes, and adjusted various things in regards to strengths based on the suggestions made. I will also update the map a bit too, palms along the river to break up LOS, etc (I even made the water look less nuclear waste-like/less saturated). Good feedback. ;)

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

12 DEC scenario:

Tigers on the Hunt

This scenario is a complete remake of the "Tigers in the Mist" scenario played months ago and it should hopefully be much better (and more accurate) and is smaller too.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

• Moderators

Hmm, well the only ones I looked at were red and they looked OK on my end (I was in the Scimitar that shot up two of those red trucks in mission, then I checked to see where I hit them in the AAR). Very strange.

Do you have anything regarding UNIMOG trucks in any of your mod folders? Sounds like a normal map texture is in the wrong place.